Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake plates question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frostyf
After some leaks from my front M callipers and some advice on stock brake balancing from Eric, I've reverted to stock calipers up front.

Just rebuilding the seals, and the kit comes with these plates.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Are they supposed to attach between the brake piston and pad?
Are they essential?
Which side goes against the piston?
Has anyone got a close up photo of one fitted - can't find any photos or diagrams on the world or pelican??

Nick
bandjoey
My understand theyre needed and snap onto the piston. They adjust the pad clearance I think. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Here's the pro on brakes....
https://www.pmbperformance.com call and Eric will help
frostyf
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 2 2021, 07:08 PM) *

My understand theyre needed and snap onto the piston. They adjust the pad clearance I think. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Here's the pro on brakes....
https://www.pmbperformance.com call and Eric will help

Thanks for that, I've squashed them into the recess in the brake piston and put the pads and retaining pins in - seems okay!
bdstone914
@frostyf

Thanks for that, I've squashed them into the recess in the brake piston and put the pads and retaining pins in - seems okay!
[/quote]

If the pistons are correctly clocked they snap right in. The recess in the piston is to prevent wedge shape wear on the pads.
frostyf
[quote name='bdstone914' date='Feb 3 2021, 09:17 AM' post='2887990']
@frostyf

[/quote]

If the pistons are correctly clocked they snap right in. The recess in the piston is to prevent wedge shape wear on the pads.
[/quote]

Thanks Bruce, I did need to tweak the tabs slightly to get them to slot in okay. I didn't have these on the M calipers and wanted to make sure I got them on right!
barefoot
See the orientation post in the classics forum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.