Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: defend the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
cooltimes
Other's talk, we listen. Changed my opinion a little.
We all have 911 friends and they would never talk about our 914's like that. Ok. so maybe a few do. :-) SIG model bias is easy to spot like the few who say any car that's not a Pcar is a POS or NASCAR is for yoyo's, CA sucks, all Southerners are rednecks, cats are better than dogs, frogs colored yellow jump faster.. you know ...just nonsense all people carry on about. As Miles says, it's just in fun and just a car.

However....those who do the 914 dozen's have been very vocal about 914's since 1970.

Mike
Dead Air
Nine pages of that bullshit?

What a bunch of creepy assholes, Lodie-fuch'ing-DA! icon8.gif barf.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (JetA @ Jul 18 2005, 08:16 PM)
Hello from a Pelican.

Chill out guys. Most 911 owners love 914's, including me.

[QUOTE] assimilate.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (tdgray @ Jul 18 2005, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 18 2005, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jul 18 2005, 02:33 PM)

We may come off as defensive, but those guys are asshats.

Uhh... The IBoAH says that if the term "asshat" is used, there muct be a vote within 10 days, to elect an Supreme Asshat.

smile.gif

M

Ooh..Ooh...Ooh..... I nominate Z supreme leader of the Asshat's

Hell he's got the gun already biggrin.gif

Hey, everyone picks on Z, the only guy who post's those nice pictures of the ladies, and I would hate to see him stop.
Type 4 Unleashed
914 owner's, are a SPECIAL breed, you know what I see when I look at a 911 or a 944 or 928? PARTS CARS, I look at a nice new Turbo Carrera, I don't say to myself I'd like to have one of those, I say I'd like to have those wheels or I want those brakes, or that Twin Turboed 3.6 sure would be nice in my car.

Look at all the guys who fab up stuff for our cars, you think they do it so they"ll become rich? There's not a market for it, they do it cause they love the car, and they like what they do, and if it helps out a fellow 914 lover, the better.

This Club is Special , actually not so much the Club, but the people who make up this club,

And as for the little minded people and there comment's, STUPID IS AS STUPID SAYS,
or was that STUPID DOES, well either way covers it.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 18 2005, 10:15 PM)
It's fun... and it's all IN fun, from this end. chair.gif

Jeees... slap.gif

Yah. What he said.

I don't give a stromberg.gif what anybody thinks of my car. I like it and that is all that matters. I made a childish post on that thread because I thought the entire idea of a ranking was bs.gif 914 owners are like a pack of rabbid daschunds. If one of us is under attack we will all join the fight. And it does not matter if they are right or wrong, we will protect our brothers and sisters from any outsider.
iamchappy
I guess we all have large penis's except Qarl, Jenny, Toast and Mrs.K. biggrin.gif
redshift
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 19 2005, 07:21 AM)
I made a childish post on that thread because I thought the entire idea of a ranking was bs.gif

Hellmann's mayo ROOLS!! ar15.gif smash.gif headbang.gif

All other mayonaise is made of lemon juice, oil, and egg whites!

sad.gif

THEY STARTED IT!*

M

*mikezisoneofthem
Joe Bob
I'm a 914 guy first and foremost, goatboy..... cool_shades.gif
tat2dphreak
I just want anyone to see my car on the road... being driven preferably... I'll wave, honk and flash at everyone... just to say "lookit me, this bitch is runnin!"
Lyressa Roberts
I don't have a problem with a nod for the 914, what "irks" me is the comment about women and Porsche's...what a dick.
meares
i'll bet there are alot of folks that own '14s as well as '11s!

who is the Vicroy of the Asshats?

Duke's Mayo is the best!!
meares
VICEROY not VICROY....sorry for the spelling
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 19 2005, 07:07 AM)
I just want anyone to see my car on the road... being driven preferably... I'll wave, honk and flash at everyone... just to say "lookit me, this bitch is runnin!"

lol2.gif beer.gif agree.gif
olav

I, for one, have a 914 and a 911.

smilie_pokal.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 19 2005, 07:07 AM)

Me too. If I can get Babydoll down the street without leaving a trail of oil, I will feel that I have accomplished my (first 914) mission.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (JetA @ Jul 18 2005, 08:16 PM)
Hello from a Pelican.

And don't you think you're doing exactly the same thing by calling 911 owners elitists?! Those of you who've said that need to look in the mirror.

Chill out guys. Most 911 owners love 914's, including me.

To those of you Pelican BBSers who don't subscribe to the t-shirt orderin', elitist list followin', sexist pig group so evident in this thread, I apologize. You DO, however, appear to be in the minority over there. Many of them appear to be on their first Porsche and may, given some time, grow out of their teenage mentality. Having owned Porsches since 1964, my experience tells me that many don't. The Cap'n, owner of both a 914 and a REAL 911.
zymurgist
Cap'n,

I've seen this mentality in more than one group of car people. In a Corvette board where I hang out, the preferred target for denigration seems to be "ricers." On this particular Pelican thread, we've got a few who even criticize Porsches that don't meet their standards of purity, whatever those standards happen to be. I may be a n00b here, but I haven't seen that kind of attitude here. (Well, except for the guy who wanted me to set my 911 on fire, but I digress. wink.gif ) IMO, that's what defines the difference between an owner and an enthusiast. An enthusiast is interested in what other people are doing with their rides and won't dismiss them out of hand. At least that's the way I see it.
nebreitling
QUOTE (Lyressa Roberts @ Jul 19 2005, 07:09 AM)
I don't have a problem with a nod for the 914, what "irks" me is the comment about women and Porsche's...what a dick.

i agree. that is pure asshole territory, and not at all a 'joke'.

women who drive porsches are all dykes or bitches? fuck you, buddy.
olav

I guess people who have an image associated with the car they drive quickly denigrate others who don't fall into the myopic view. While others who appreciate assorted vehicles in their own right don't have their image tied up in a car but appreciate the car for what it is.
Root_Werks
I put in my 2 cents.

The funny part is the 911 is really just a polished turd. Yeah, I still like them and have owned a few, but they are still a polished turd.
Allan
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 19 2005, 05:58 AM)
Hellmann's mayo ROOLS!! ar15.gif smash.gif headbang.gif

All other mayonaise is made of lemon juice, oil, and egg whites!

It's called Best Food mayo out here.
Allan
WTF???

We exist in a hole?

Quote:

There truely great thing about this thread is it has pulled the teeners out of the 914com hole.
TravisNeff
What gets me, as I said on pelican is that there is a perceived type of car where you are accepted, ones that you may be "OK" and other types which deserve a kick in the teeth. Some poeple may or may not like a 914, 924 or whatever - fine with me everyone has their own preference.

But when it is encouraged to treat other enthusiasts a certain way depending on what they drive, can afford, man or woman etc. is plain childish. If you are an enthusiast you deserve some credit, if it is just an appliance to get you to point A to point B, that is a different story.
tat2dphreak
only 1 thing sexier than a woman driving a hot sports car... a woman working on a hot sports car... Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 seconds comes to mind immediately
Lyressa Roberts
Well, probably the only thing you'll see me working on is polishing my wheels... biggrin.gif

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty occasionally, but Brad never let me unless it was to clean a part so that he didn't have to touch it. Hahahaha!
dbledsoe
QUOTE (olav @ Jul 19 2005, 08:44 AM)
I, for one, have a 914 and a 911.

smilie_pokal.gif

Hmmmmm...

I for one have a 914 AND a 914. monkeydance.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 19 2005, 10:32 AM)
only 1 thing sexier than a woman driving a hot sports car... a woman working on a hot sports car...

agree.gif

You don't know how many times I've had to roll my eyes when a woman tells me that my 911 is "cute." I dig women who understand what makes cars go, and why MFI is cool, and why I don't own a minivan.
aircooledboy
I don't care about any of it. I am just REALLY pissed off that we selected our Supreme Asshat, and didn't even get a chance to organize my grass roots campaign for the spot. mad.gif

DAMN I wanted to be Supreme Asshat. sad.gif
Jenny
maybe you can be a Demi-Asshat?

Jen driving-girl.gif <--- Porsche driving dyke bitch

Part Pricer
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jul 19 2005, 02:48 PM)
I don't care about any of it. I am just REALLY pissed off that we selected our Supreme Asshat, and didn't even get a chance to organize my grass roots campaign for the spot. mad.gif

It's like becoming the Pope. You can't campaign for the position. It's just thrust upon you.

Mark Henry
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 19 2005, 02:55 PM)

Jen...your too cute to be a dyke wub.gif

Although I've never seen a pic of you in a lumber jacket. unsure.gif
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 19 2005, 10:55 AM)
maybe you can be a Demi-Asshat?

Oooooh...demi-asshat is good too.

laugh.gif You're not supposed to own up to it, Jen!!! Brian wouldn't approve... laugh.gif Just kidding... smile.gif
redshift
Demi Asshat... I never could see what Bruce Willis saw in her.

M
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 19 2005, 02:13 PM)
Demi Asshat... I never could see what Bruce Willis saw in her.

M

HIM, if the lights were on wink.gif w00t.gif
tdgray
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Jul 19 2005, 02:48 PM)
I don't care about any of it. I am just REALLY pissed off that we selected our Supreme Asshat, and didn't even get a chance to organize my grass roots campaign for the spot.  :angry:

Well.... We could have "Asshat for a day".

That way everyone gets a turn. wacko.gif

I will take February 29th. biggrin.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE (tdgray @ Jul 19 2005, 02:49 PM)
Well.... We could have "Asshat for a day".

That way averyone get a turn. wacko.gif

I will take February 29th. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif chairfall.gif w00t.gif
NOW you're talking. My childhood dream may be salvaged after all. beerchug.gif

Not just "Asshat for a Day" though. "Supreme Asshat for a Day" clap.gif monkeydance.gif This is soooo exciting. beerchug.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif
Joe Bob
As the current Supreme Ass Hat by acclamation but not formally elected, I pass the foil helmet onto YOU......long may it cause you a painful heat rash.... pray.gif

Just lemme see if it;s still in the recycle bin.....
Aaron Cox
i just read both threads....

quite possibly the MOST entertaining moments of my life!

LOL laugh.gif
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 19 2005, 12:49 PM)
i just read both threads....

quite possibly the MOST entertaining moments of my life!

LOL laugh.gif

hijacked.gif

Ok Aaron, that banana in your signature...is that part of our choices too? That is TOO funny.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 19 2005, 10:55 AM)

Don't you mean "Porsche-fixing, Porsche-driving dyke bitch"???
Aaron Cox
this made me laugh hysterically......i thought of a miata tho...,.. dry.gif
user posted image
Jenny
Thanks Dave. That face shield was about 5 sizes too big. The "fixing" part is questionable though.. sawzall-smiley.gif

Jen
Part Pricer

Just bump the Pelican thread once a day. That's all I ask. laugh.gif
redshift
LMAO!

M
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 19 2005, 12:54 PM)
this made me laugh hysterically......i thought of a miata tho...,.. dry.gif
user posted image

Yep...that's cute.
tat2dphreak
this was my fav:

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.