Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2021 What's in the works
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Coondog
How about Oct 15-16-17. That’s right in the middle of the month.
We need a SLO local member to work on a hotel. My first suggestion is the Downtown Quality Suites. Large hotel with lots of parking. Just be ready for sticker shock. October is tourist season.
[/quote]

I hope it isn't October 15th-I have Eagles Tickets and have been waiting years to see them.
[/quote]

Not like it’s the real Eagles anyway..... poke.gif poke.gif
Sorry to say but a date should be set in stone as we would never come up with 100% agreement.
tygaboy
agree.gif Agreed. Oct 15 -17

Put me on the list of folk who will "do stuff to help" such as phone work, awards, general opinion, etc.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 15 2021, 07:47 AM) *

Put me on the list of folk who will "do stuff to help" such as phone work, awards, general opinion, etc.

agree.gif aktion035.gif

I also like Oct 15-17th

Whoever is heading this up, please put me on a list to bring along some SWAG!!!!! idea.gif popcorn[1].gif

O

stevend914
confused24.gif Can we sneak in from out-of-state? driving.gif
Coondog
I am also looking into hotels in Downtown SLO, as I am a frequent flyer and past resident there, I have probably stayed at 90% of the hotels in SLO.

Anybody know how many rooms we booked at the Hotel 6 in Petaluma ??

We want to be within walking distance to Downtown SLO. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
There are lots of Mom and Pop hotels on Monterey St along with some higher end ones.
So finding a larger hotel with parking and is easy on the pocket should be our goal.
Coondog
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Feb 15 2021, 09:17 AM) *

Of course... beer.gif
ValcoOscar

@stevend914

Steve-

If you decide to come, I have a guest room waiting for you (90621).
Then we can head up with OC Caravan...just a thought.

O

drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 15 2021, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Feb 15 2021, 07:47 AM) *

agree.gif aktion035.gif
I also like Oct 15-17th

O

agree.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 15 2021, 11:27 AM) *

@stevend914

Steve-

If you decide to come, I have a guest room waiting for you (90621).
Then we can head up with OC Caravan...just a thought.

O

Thanks Oscar, might just take you up on that. I'm looking to get back on the road this year as after last year's Texas Hill Country Rallye & Amelia Island Werks Reunion in Feb, March, I stayed at home the rest of the year. Might head to New Mexico in May. Registered for Porsche Parade in IN and may head further east for the Northeast Gathering in NY. Wisconsin/South Dakota in Aug, Oketeenerfest or Red Rocks in Sept, WCR in Oct, and ArKansas in Nov. Hope one of the 914's is up for travelling this year.
DucRS
October 15-16-17 would be perfect, I’m on VACATION piratenanner.gif
strawman
October 15-17 works for me, too.

Quality Suites SLO is in a great location -- within walking distance of my favorite brewpub (Central Coast Brewing) and my favorite burrito joint (Tacqueria Santa Cruz), and downtown is only a few blocks further down Monterey Street. When the world renowned Downtown SLO Farmer's Market reopens (currently suspended due to COVID), that's another attraction for those who arrive on Thursday afternoon. But Quality Suites is ~$200/night, which only makes some Porsche (914) owners cringe a bit...

The new La Quinta hotel is another block up Monterey, with The Kinney (has a great laid-back bar) is across the street from it. Their prices are slightly lower. The Kinney is probably better from a "hang out in the parking lot" perspective, since I believe the La Quinta has an underground parking lot. As @Coondog mentioned above, there are some cheaper motels along Monterey, too.

I'll check in with @BuddyV and @Tygaboy on the number of folks that stayed at Petaluma Motel 6, and then make some inquiries at local hotels/motels later this week. I'd say for now to pencil-in October 15-17 in your calendar and begin working with decision-makers (wife? boss? warden?) to get the time off.

BTW, the CA Central Coast Region PCA is hosting a driver education event on October 18 at Laguna Seca. Just sayin' -- you could make it an epic extended trip!

Once we nail down some details in the coming days, I'll start a new WCR Event thread here on the 914World Garage forum.

Geoff

VegasRacer
QUOTE(strawman @ Feb 15 2021, 11:41 AM) *

BTW, the CA Central Coast Region PCA is hosting a driver education event on October 18 at Laguna Seca. Just sayin' -- you could make it an epic extended trip!

Now you're talking. clap56.gif

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 15 2021, 12:42 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like....

idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Mikey914

October 15-17 works for me, too.

Quality Suites SLO is in a great location -- within walking distance of my favorite brewpub (Central Coast Brewing) and my favorite burrito joint (Tacqueria Santa Cruz), and downtown is only a few blocks further down Monterey Street. When the world renowned Downtown SLO Farmer's Market reopens (currently suspended due to COVID), that's another attraction for those who arrive on Thursday afternoon. But Quality Suites is ~$200/night, which only makes some Porsche (914) owners cringe a bit...

The new La Quinta hotel is another block up Monterey, with The Kinney (has a great laid-back bar) is across the street from it. Their prices are slightly lower. The Kinney is probably better from a "hang out in the parking lot" perspective, since I believe the La Quinta has an underground parking lot. As @Coondog mentioned above, there are some cheaper motels along Monterey, too.

I'll check in with @BuddyV and @Tygaboy on the number of folks that stayed at Petaluma Motel 6, and then make some inquiries at local hotels/motels later this week. I'd say for now to pencil-in October 15-17 in your calendar and begin working with decision-makers (wife? boss? warden?) to get the time off.

Once we nail down some details in the coming days, I'll start a new WCR Event thread here on the 914World Garage forum.

Geoff

Works great for me too!
Tonyooc
Laguna Seca would be great. Excellent idea.
wes
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 15 2021, 12:54 PM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 15 2021, 12:42 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I like....

idea.gif

Click to view attachment

Epic
piratenanner.gif driving.gif
Cairo94507
That would be epic. I am down for that. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Laguna and Monterey was a great time! Completely down to do that again.
Mikey914
So,
Is the organizer confirming and time and place decided?

If so let’s make this happen.

Will the responsible party please confirm.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 18 2021, 11:31 AM) *

So,
Is the organizer confirming and time and place decided?

If so let’s make this happen.

Will the responsible party please confirm.

@Strawman

On Monday 2/15, Geoff said:

Geoff

idea.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif

O
strawman
I just started a new thread as a placeholder, so that folks can put the dates in their calendars!
Geoff
cali914
Im in and this time i wont be driving the wife's Miata hahahahahaha.
Andyrew
QUOTE(cali914 @ Feb 18 2021, 01:42 PM) *

Im in and this time i wont be driving the wife's Miata hahahahahaha.

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.