Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 on EBAY with 1967 911S 2.0L engine question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
gereed75
So what is the thought process that is capable enough to understand/fab/figure out the whole twin turbo/induction/injection/oiling scheme but over the months of finding the engine, mounting it, fitting the turbos etc etc etc that never says “this is a piece of crap, WTF am I doing!?”

Amazing!

My guess is it did run. It is unlikely that you would fabricate/attach a trailer hitch to a car that didn’t run. Hell for all we know it may have run well - wouldn’t that be a kick in the ass!

Sorta of like the Back to the Future Delorean. Maybe that is a flux capacitor hanging off the back of the trans.

Really like the rear shock tower strut brace. Looks likely to be some 1” conduit. What do you have to be smoking to come up with that? And then actually weld it in!
9144me2enjoy
American/German Engineering - the many roads it travels.
Shivers
Bottom of the car makes me think it was stolen. I'd want to turn the engine through at least a few times. I think the guy was a plumber.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Shivers @ Feb 14 2021, 08:32 PM) *

Bottom of the car makes me think it was stolen. I'd want to turn the engine through at least a few times. I think the guy was a plumber.

a plumber with no pride
9144me2enjoy
Well today I got back with the salesman at BHCC (Jesse) who advised they searched for the Engine Stamping number on the engine at the lower section of the fan area and it appeared the numbers had been removed or broken off! He advised the engine did not run and wasn’t sure it would turn over anymore.

Based on this new information I’m bowing out on this adventure, I don’t have enough positive information to pursue further interest!

Thanks again for all the input/suggestions.

fixer34
I'm not in the market, but we almost gotta get someone to put eyeballs on this 'thing'. If for nothing else but to help with some of the speculation.
9144me2enjoy
I’m surprised someone on the forum doesn’t recognize this car. The guy at BHCC wouldn’t disclose where they purchased the car from. Rather it was previously owned by a California native or not.

Probably have to track the previous owner down through DMV (vin number) which it appears would be the best bet on knowing the history of the drivetrain!

Good luck with dealing with BHCC.

It may sell on Ebay.
rgalla9146

I see the interior has been pulled away from the bulkhead.
I wonder if they poked a hole there to get a view of the engine serial #
and engine type #
Hmmmm.
Rav914
I'd be afraid it was a Motormeister "rebuild". It may be a '67 or a '69 S case, but what's inside?
9144me2enjoy
FYI: The salesman advised me again today that his techs could not come up with a engine number but with the model number they determined the engine size (901/05).

Also I asked if he could at least tell me if it has a California title, he replied today that it did and it appears the title was issued to the owner in 1/08/80. So the previous owner obviously had the 74 Porsche 914 body/chassis in his possession for some time. Unknown when the conversion was done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.