Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Staring down the EFI rabbit hole again, /6 intake design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mark Henry
Too big, it's the size of a bicycle cable end which is a little smaller. I might cannibalize another TB for this part.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 18 2021, 12:44 PM) *

So I'll be making something like below, what way do I orient the plenums and TB ?

I think the pic below is for a 911, do I reverse the plenums to fit the 914?
Which way would you plumb the TB forward or to the rear?

IPB Image

You can't flip the intake manifolds.. they won't fit over the fan shroud if you do. Just tilt the top one down so that it clears the engine lid with the boot on it.

I had mine reversed and the throttle body facing forward, but I found out I need to have it to the rear to get the heater blower hooked up. And a stock 914-6 cable will hook up to the factory 964 throttle body with no issues.

If you need pictures, I can take them.

Clay
Chris914n6
rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ May 2 2021, 03:46 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cool what's it off of?

I don't know if I even want to use that big wagon wheel on the China TB, it's kind of gawdy looking.
Any rate I'm too busy with other peoples projects and at the moment and my teen is running great on carbs. I took a nice country drive yesterday, woohoo!

Likely I have to pull the engine to do the trigger wheel, I have to pull the pulley to mount the trigger wheel and sensor mount, I'll adjust the valves, address a couple of minor leaks, etc.
I also have to build the center section, once I get caught up here I'll put together a 2.7 as a dummy engine or I'll just wait till my 3.0 is out.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 2 2021, 06:43 AM) *

Cool what's it off of?

It's been 2 decades but it think it was a Home Depot parts bin. Or maybe the heater flapper. Wasn't hard to find...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.