Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for gaskets for fuel pipes bottom of gas tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maj75
I’m prepping my fuel tank and disassembled everything and painted the parts going back. Removed the fuel pipes from the bottom of the tank. They were in great shape but I decided to clean and polish them. Like an idiot, I cleaned off the red fiber gaskets on the two fuel tubes. I was sure I had seen replacements on 914Rubber. I was wrong. Did a search and found reference to rotary914 gaskets but I can’t find find them. Part numbers 11, 13 of the ‘71 fuel tank diagram.

Any leads appreciated!
Craigers17
I had the same issue and looked at the following thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=325911

Based upon that, I bought some fuel rated gasket material at my local FLAPS and installed it per BDSTONE's method in post #10. Being that it is YOUR fuel system, I realize that you might have concerns about making your own fuel gaskets, but it worked great for me. I've attached a couple pics of the gasket material I used. I have 2 feet of the roll left, so if you want a foot or so of it, just PM me and I'll mail it to you.

Good Luck!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Rotary'14
I have some. .50 each. biggrin.gif
$1.25 for an envelope and postage.
PM me.
914sgofast2
I just went to my local Ace Hardware and bought a couple of fiber gaslets that fit the diameter of the tank outlet pipes. Had to trim the overall diameter of the fiber gaskets till they fit into the recesses of the tank’s mounting fiixturrs. Then Smeared them with Permatex Aviation gasket goop and they have held up for 2 years now. I think these two fiber gaskets are something that 914 rubber should consider making/selling. They are an odd size and the VW supply houses only sell gaskets for the outlet pipe as part of a bundle with the pipe, filter screen and a fiber gasket as one package deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.