Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bring A Trailer censoring posts that are seen as negative
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I can’t say I’m really that surprised, but I’m still very disappointed, but Hearst is in the process of killing what made the site worthwhile. This is not the first time this is happened, but I was about to bid on a jaguar yesterday when I noticed that with the seller said in the car as actual condition did not lineup so I pointed it out. I then did some further digging and discovered that the seller was lying about the car is condition and it had extensive rust issues so I posted that factual observation and be a T removed it and I can’t post on other topics now.

There may be so much money sloshing around that it won’t matter but I’ve talk to enough long-term VAT users that have basically realized the same thing and simply don’t trust what’s being listed there for community vetting anymore.

It’s basically close to being as bad as eBay now. Sigh.
rgalla9146

The previous owner is crying all the way to the bank.
mepstein
I imagine sellers complain when the criticism is negative, warranted or not. I still don't know why anyone would buy a car without an objective review or seeing the car in person. People complain about the cost of travel, accept the sellers word and then are disappointed about the purchase.
mate914
"Now watch my words disappear......"

Yep.. your political commentary sure did disappear.
Clay
914_teener
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 26 2021, 08:00 AM) *

I imagine sellers complain when the criticism is negative, warranted or not. I still don't know why anyone would buy a car without an objective review or seeing the car in person. People complain about the cost of travel, accept the sellers word and then are disappointed about the purchase.

agree.gif

I'd never buy a car site unseen....however the buyer of my teener did.

robkammer
I had been following BaT for a Boxster and then a 914. I found it pretty crazy what people would bid. I ended up with an 02 S model that was in the PCA classifieds. Seller was a great guy and I bought from him in New Mexico and shipped it to Ohio.
I just two weeks ago took delivery of a 74 BB that I also found in Pano, in Vancouver Wash. The seller was also a real gentleman and after having a PPI done I bought it and it's also now in Ohio.
I glance at BaT now and then but will probably just unsubscribe, too much junk email.
I am glad for the guys who started BaT, work hard, work smart, and cash out!
Tdskip
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 26 2021, 11:00 AM) *

The previous owner is crying all the way to the bank.

Not sure, the car sold for less than last time listed, and that prior sale fell through (likely due to the undisclosed issues I pointed out).

I sincerely hope the person that bought it had their eyes open, the comments were all fan-boys that apparently where blind or trying to support the value of their tired XJS.
Tdskip
QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 26 2021, 11:05 AM) *

Clay

So did yours....

Clay
mepstein
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Feb 26 2021, 10:23 AM) *

Clay

So did yours....

Clay

No politics or religion - thank god.
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 26 2021, 10:37 AM) *

Pun intended? biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(FRUNKenstein @ Feb 26 2021, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 26 2021, 10:37 AM) *

Pun intended? biggrin.gif

Me? Never. laugh.gif
914werke
QUOTE(mate914 @ Feb 26 2021, 08:05 AM) *
That is happening in every major company now. If they don't like your words, they change or remove them.
and minor co's idea.gif
MM1

That is happening in every major company now.
If they don't like your words, they change or remove them.
You either get on board the known people ship or they put you out to the plank..
I think its called Fascism? No watch my words disappear......

Yes - "cancel culture" is the rebirth of Fascism cloaked in "righteousness", as it always is- and it's status as such is proportional to the denials that it is so . . .
914werke
QUOTE(MM1 @ Feb 26 2021, 10:50 AM) *
I think its called Fascism? No watch my words disappear......
Yes - "cancel culture" is the rebirth of Fascism cloaked in "righteousness", as it always is- and it's status as such is proportional to the denials that it is so . . .
Pffffttt.... try more like capitalism screwy.gif whoops.. was that political ?
FlacaProductions
it's not fascism or censorship - it's their court and their ball. They make the rules. Don't like it, go somewhere else. It's like people who complain about content on Facebook or Twitter or any other social media site - just remember, you get what you pay for. Oh..it's free? hmmmmm.
ClayPerrine
I tried to censor this....

Too much work.

Thread closed.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.