Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Planeswalker33
I’m installing a complete set from Tangerine racing to replace the lines on my 75 1.8l. I’m confused on two portions.

First, where should I use the elbows that come with the kit?

Second, can I just use the 7.9mm fuel hose to attaché the stainless tubes from the tunnel to those in the engine bay? I feel like I’m supposed to use the elbows with smaller hose there.

Last the tubes in the engine bay are snug and pushing against each other slightly and will not fit into the lower clips. Am I fitting this wrong? I’m concerned they’ll rattle the way they are currently only in grommets and the upper fitting.

I appreciate any help. Still very new to all this. Thanks!
Planeswalker33
I still don’t understand why my mobile pictures flip upside down. Here’s another shot. Is this correct?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Planeswalker33 @ Feb 27 2021, 10:17 AM) *

I still don’t understand why my mobile pictures flip upside down. Here’s another shot. Is this correct?

yes that is the perfect location or spot to hook the rubber fuel lines going to fuel rail #3 cylinder side. and return rubber line coming from rear side of engine.

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
914s came with other type retention clips on earlier models. There's no "exact fit" replacement hard line.

The plastic lines had more give, so could follow the car's shape more easily.
My stainless lines are my best compromise shape based on the oem ones installed in early model years. '75-76 had continuous plastic lines from under the fuel tank to the engine compartment.

You could probably tweak the shape of those stainless lines just a little bit if you want them to fit more closely in your car.

The only elbows in a fuel line kit are to replace the Injector hose elbows.
sjhenry1075
Make sure you use fuel line specifically designed for your setup. If you have FI you'll need something that can handle high pressure, otherwise you'll have a lot of leaks.. (ask me how I know..)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.