Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dredwin
I am needing to replace some CV bolts for a larger axle. They are M8 with 1.25 thread (12.9) and 56MM top to bottom. Are bolts relatively the same if they are the right size and strength? Suggestions on where to buy?
bdstone914
You just need to buy the correct 12 point CV bolts carried by most of the common vendors.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Dredwin @ Mar 1 2021, 12:51 PM) *

I am needing to replace some CV bolts for a larger axle. They are M8 with 1.25 thread (12.9) and 56MM top to bottom. Are bolts relatively the same if they are the right size and strength? Suggestions on where to buy?

Could you elaborate on the above point in bold.
Bolts are measured not counting the head. 56mm sounds right, but did you measure correctly?
You also need new schnorr washers (my spelling may be off).

VW aircooled shops also have these bolts.
Mikey914
The CV bolts are hardened, and not all that expensive.
You can find bolts for less but there is engineering that has went into the correct hardness. You may save a few bucks but personally I'd just buy them from one of the usual vendors, as you know the spec is correct.

aharder
agree.gif don’t cut corners on those
Dredwin
Thanks all. This is a Renegade built car so i know the bolts are not the ones listed for the car. The axle is a bigger axle with an adapter that bolts on the transmission. Basically 6 bolts attach to the piece that has 4 bolts (original bolts) that attaches to the transmission. The bolts I am looking for are actually 56mm in total length with around 47mm (45?) below the head. I am not bargain shopping, just want the correct bolts. I’ll look at the VW shop and see if the bolts I found on Pelican were correct (now that I know what I was measuring)
Mike Bellis
I get my longer, hardened bolts from boltdepot.com I use these on my 930 CV's .
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 1 2021, 09:43 PM) *

I get my longer, hardened bolts from boltdepot.com I use these on my 930 CV's .

Longer and harderClick to view attachment
AZBanks
I use stage 8 locking bolts on my 944 CV's

https://www.stage8.com/cv-joint-locking-bolt-kits/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.