Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB 123ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
timothy_nd28
Maybe Ed will chime in, but from the pictures I have seen, the bluetooth dizzy has a daughter circuit board that is perpendicular to the main control board. I think this daughter board has a bluetooth chip on it, where the non bluetooth dizzys do not have this daughter board. So, I don't think a firmware update on a non bluetooth dizzy would enable bluetooth, they appear to be two different animals.

Now what would be nice and hopefully the 123ignition engineers are listening, ditch the bluetooth version. Instead, replace it with a 3g/4g chipset. Have the data from each distributor continuously stream to the 123ignition headquarters. Then hire a huge team of Nascar crew chiefs to monitor and make timing changes on the fly. I can envision it now, it would be like a NASA control room! biggrin.gif
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 24 2021, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 24 2021, 03:33 PM) *

Thanks for your patronage. Orders are now at 11.

All refunds including shipping to the USA will be processed after the close of the Group Buy.
Orders that are not in stock like the Bluetooth D-Jet models should be here and shipped out by April 20th.

123Guy?

Wondering:
Can my older style 123ignition still in the box be re-programed with Bluetooth?? If sent back to you??

Tom

Hi Tom
If it is new enough we can convert it to a Bluetooth.$$$ The born on date needs to be 2012 or newer. Send me an email and we can discuss it. 123ignitionusa@gmail.com
rjames
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 27 2021, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Mar 24 2021, 05:28 PM) *

QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 24 2021, 03:33 PM) *

Thanks for your patronage. Orders are now at 11.

All refunds including shipping to the USA will be processed after the close of the Group Buy.
Orders that are not in stock like the Bluetooth D-Jet models should be here and shipped out by April 20th.

123Guy?

Wondering:
Can my older style 123ignition still in the box be re-programed with Bluetooth?? If sent back to you??

Tom

Hi Tom
If it is new enough we can convert it to a Bluetooth.$$$ The born on date needs to be 2012 or newer. Send me an email and we can discuss it. 123ignitionusa@gmail.com

I'm also interested in this. How many emails do you want? smile.gif
jhynesrockmtn
I just bought 2
mate914
Just got one for the 9146 with Bluetooth.
Thanks
timothy_nd28
Two days left!!

914chris
For a 914/6 application on original 2.0 liter 6, would I remove the CDI?

Website description says:

Suitable for engines without HKZ (CDI) unit and first generation HKZ unit ( 3 wires )

Warning: Don’t use the original HKZ (CDI) coil direct on the 123ignition.

I believe I have the HKZ unit with 3 wires. Says it is suitable to use with first gen, but then says don't use it direct on the 123ignition. What does "direct on" mean?
Morrie
QUOTE(914chris @ Mar 31 2021, 12:03 PM) *

Suitable for engines without HKZ (CDI) unit and first generation HKZ unit ( 3 wires )

I believe I have the HKZ unit with 3 wires. Says it is suitable to use with first gen, but then says don't use it direct on the 123ignition. What does "direct on" mean?

I found that confusing too! We were looking for a distributor to use in a carbureted 3.2L in place of the option of a 2.7RS and this, plus the gear discussion on the site, was very confusing.

Since this is the last day, I'd send him an e-mail in addition to your post...
timothy_nd28
Last Day!

Chris, I emailed Ed as well, hopefully he will get you the answers soon.

Thanks everyone who took part on this group buy. I believe we are at 13 at the moment
123ignitionusa

Hi
I am not sure how they are wired. So I cannot answer that tonight as the mfg is closed at the moment. I will extend the buy 24hrs to see if I can get an answer.

As for the gear - There are two different pitched gears depending on what motor you have.
The 2.4 2.7 and 3.3 when looking at them sitting in front of you are pitched from left up to the right.
The 3.0 SC is pitched from right to up to the left.
Over the years motors are worked on and rearranged cams from different motors are used and gearing changes. Because of this you need to confirm what you have. A picture is supplied to compare. Almost all are pitched from left up to the right.
I have had customers order one only to find out they have the other. You mus to a visual comparison. See attachment
In addition original gears have a larger inside diameter than the 123 and so cannot be used unless a bushing adapter is used.
123ignitionusa Webpage
mb911
Chris there is a big thread on the bird board on how to wire the 123 dizzy with CDI. I have an msd box on my 123 and it works just fine
123ignitionusa

You could remove the 3- pin unit and use it with a plain coil of not less than 1 ohm.
I will email the mfg in the morning regarding the statement of not using the hkz direct and extend the special by 24 hrs.
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 31 2021, 07:23 PM) *

Chris there is a big thread on the bird board on how to wire the 123 dizzy with CDI. I have an msd box on my 123 and it works just fine

Ben do you have a link
mb911
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 31 2021, 04:31 PM) *

Ben do you have a link

Here is mine and worked just as it should.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...nition-msd.html
mb911

Ben do you have a link

@123ignitionusa do you have any of the basic curves for the 911 based engines anywhere in your documentation? I would love to see those baselines vs what I have.
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 31 2021, 08:57 PM) *

Ben do you have a link

@123ignitionusa do you have any of the basic curves for the 911 based engines anywhere in your documentation? I would love to see those baselines vs what I have.

Sorry I do not
DTMLGND
QUOTE(123ignitionusa @ Mar 17 2021, 09:45 AM) *

New release - Programmable Bluetooth with D-Jet outputs

Click this link123ignitionusa available 4/1/21

Seriously considering this for my '73 2.0 D-Jet and BMW 2002 M10 smile.gif !!

Bluetooth available and best choice for both my cars???
123ignitionusa
This should end the confusion regarding the Hkz CDI and the 123ignition.
From Ron at the Mfg
"You can use our 123Ignition distributor without the HKZ unit. But you can't use the Coil from the HKZ unit directly on our 123Ignition distributor.

This coil has a resistance of 0,4 Ohm.

Our 123ignition needs a coil of at least 1 ohm."

So Bottom line is
1) Yes you can use the HKZ 3 pin CDI system.
2) Do not use the original coil change it out for one that measures 1 ohm or higher. Like a Bosch Red (1.8 ohm) or a Bosch Blue (3.4 ohm).

Sale ends tonight at midnight EST. Unfulfilled orders are being shipped from the mfg as we speak. Shipping to you should be middle of next week

Hope this helps
Ed
timothy_nd28
Extra Bonus Day!

Coupon code has been edited and extended till midnight
123ignitionusa
This may interest some of you. Under the Help Tab drop down box Curve Tutorial Here is another link About Page includes videos
914chris
Order Placed!! Thank you for the extension and getting back to me on the question.
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(914chris @ Apr 1 2021, 08:55 PM) *

Order Placed!! Thank you for the extension and getting back to me on the question.

Thank you Chris and all your fellow enthusiasts. Of course we want to thank Tim he is the mastermind here. Still waiting for him to come up with some plane tickets. smile.gif Enjoy the driving season.

All discounts and refunds are being processed. Check your emails for updated invoices showing your new totals. Thanks again
Hope this helps
Ed
timothy_nd28
Thanks Ed, currently moving on to plan B with the air travel as I'm working on my private pilots license. It has only taken me 10 years to acquire 20 flight hours, hopefully I can get the other 20 hours sooner! biggrin.gif

Thank you for the great product and your awesome support! beerchug.gif
pete000
Here is the curve I ended up with my 74 1.8 L-Jet. No vacuum used for either advance or retard.
mgphoto
Mine arrived today, D-Jet w/BT!
wbgoggans
Anyone interested in doing another group buy?
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Jul 5 2021, 11:42 PM) *

Yes
mepstein
Yes
FifthOrb
QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Jul 6 2021, 03:42 AM) *

Yes.
TX914
Yes
timothy_nd28
So I just now installed this bluetooth 123 dizzy on my Ljet, and wow! My 914 has been down for the past few years, and I have been slowly bringing it back to life this past week by installing a gowesty throttle body, new fuel injectors, high torque starter. Not only did it start on the first crank, it ran pretty damn well despite one of my new fuel injectors was not firing, causing my car to run on only three cylinders. After replacing the new faulty injector with new again (FJ707), I'm running on all 4 cylinders and this car has never ever ran this smooth before, simply amazing. I did a generic timing of 30 degrees at 3000 rpm, just to be in the ball park, but I plan to use Pete's curve to see if it changes the performance, seems pretty flat trying to accelerate. I haven't messed with any timing curves internal to the 123 dizzy, whatever is pre programmed out of the box is what I'm using, so this may explain why it's somewhat flat on acceleration.
I'm very impressed so far, thanks again everyone who participated in this group buy
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 17 2021, 05:25 PM) *

So I just now installed this bluetooth 123 dizzy on my Ljet, and wow! My 914 has been down for the past few years, and I have been slowly bringing it back to life this past week by installing a gowesty throttle body, new fuel injectors, high torque starter. Not only did it start on the first crank, it ran pretty damn well despite one of my new fuel injectors was not firing, causing my car to run on only three cylinders. After replacing the new faulty injector with new again (FJ707), I'm running on all 4 cylinders and this car has never ever ran this smooth before, simply amazing. I did a generic timing of 30 degrees at 3000 rpm, just to be in the ball park, but I plan to use Pete's curve to see if it changes the performance, seems pretty flat trying to accelerate. I haven't messed with any timing curves internal to the 123 dizzy, whatever is pre programmed out of the box is what I'm using, so this may explain why it's somewhat flat on acceleration.
I'm very impressed so far, thanks again everyone who participated in this group buy

Another group buy?
123ignitionusa
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 17 2021, 09:25 PM) *

Hi Tim
Just wanted to let you know the curve that comes with the Bluetooth is a generic curve not intended for any particular car. It does give you something to work with. If you have a Porsche specific curve you can load in it should help quite a bit.
Don't forget to verify , synchronize the app with the motor.
Hope this helps
Ed
jcd914
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Oct 17 2021, 05:44 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Oct 17 2021, 05:25 PM) *

Another group buy?

I would be interested.
I have decided an ignition upgrade is due and will probably be buying a blue tooth version 123 shortly group buy or not.

Jim

There seemed to be some interest back in July when "wbgoggans" asked.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 11 2021, 06:51 PM) *

Yes

QUOTE(FifthOrb @ Jul 13 2021, 08:55 AM) *

QUOTE(wbgoggans @ Jul 6 2021, 03:42 AM) *

Yes.

QUOTE(TX914 @ Jul 14 2021, 03:35 AM) *

Yes

strawman
I'm interested in a group buy for my wife's 1975 L-Jet 914; I'd want the bluetooth version.
QUOTE(pete000 @ Apr 2 2021, 06:14 PM) *

Here is the curve I ended up with my 74 1.8 L-Jet. No vacuum used for either advance or retard.

Thanks for sharing this info. Are there other Curves out there to be shared by others for the bluetooth version. Engine is a 2056 w/1.7 Djet with 2.0 injectors. 2056 is 1.8 case with 2.0 crank/rods/pistons.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies,
Ken
relentless
I'd be in for another GB for my '76 d-jet.
Van B
QUOTE(strawman @ Nov 16 2021, 08:16 PM) *

I'm interested in a group buy for my wife's 1975 L-Jet 914; I'd want the bluetooth version.

Same here for my '74 L-Jet.

But, frankly, I'm a little worried it might be too much of a challenge to get right. I don't see any data on Vac advance/retard curves or RPM advance profiles. As one guy who's learning about distributors for the first time, I'm simply not up to the task. And without any experienced real-life 914 friends who are willing to help, I need a plug and play option.

If 123ignition had base maps for the L-Jet, I would already be an owner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.