Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Looking for new wires. What do you like for a stock 2.0L?

Clewett, Magnacor, Denso, Bemi, Bosch, Beru, NGK other?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 8 2021, 02:23 PM) *

Looking for new wires. What do you like for a stock 2.0L?

Clewett, Magnacor, Denso, Bemi, Bosch, Beru, NGK other?

For a stock car I'd get as close to stock wires as possible. You definitely do not need Magnacors with a stock motor. Any of the fancy spiral wound heavy insulated yadda yadda wires are just overkill. This changes when you go to modern EFI or more sensitive spark control.

Zach
mlindner
Well, I did need a set of wire with a long coil wire running to the MSD box on my 914-6 GT build. Called Clewett, (i think the owner 8:00 his time). Yup he understood the problem, had the set, asked how fast I wanted it...same day, two day. Just a great company to deal with. Best, Mark
wndsrfr
QUOTE(mlindner @ Mar 8 2021, 01:23 PM) *

Well, I did need a set of wire with a long coil wire running to the MSD box on my 914-6 GT build. Called Clewett, (i think the owner 8:00 his time). Yup he understood the problem, had the set, asked how fast I wanted it...same day, two day. Just a great company to deal with. Best, Mark

agree.gif Clewett...
steuspeed
Ordered one Clewett set on Rennline. I'll get another for the other car if I like it.
steuspeed

[/quote]
For a stock car I'd get as close to stock wires as possible. You definitely do not need Magnacors with a stock motor. Any of the fancy spiral wound heavy insulated yadda yadda wires are just overkill. This changes when you go to modern EFI or more sensitive spark control.

Zach
[/quote]

This car has Pertronix. The Outlaw ha a Crane FireBall SS ignition.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.