Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper Assembly Removal - Order of operations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moldygreg
Was able to confirm the motor to the wiper assembly has seized. Thank you PowerProbe!

So I know I have to remove the gas tank.
Does the fresh air intake need to be removed as well?

I remember that being probably one of the most difficult components on the car to deal with. Hoping it does not need to removed, but maybe just loosened.

Thanks!
Greg
914werke
Yup. Be delicate. The bake-alight / plastic stuff under there is 50 yrs old & brittle.
There is also a rubber mount/isolater that needs to be disconnected. from under the dash inside the cabin
moldygreg
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 15 2021, 08:05 PM) *

Yup. Be delicate. The bake-alight / plastic stuff under there is 50 yrs old & brittle.
There is also a rubber mount/isolater that needs to be disconnected. from under the dash inside the cabin

hissyfit.gif Oh No!

THanks @914werke --- think goodness we don't get much rain in the good ole PNW, eh?

regarding Rubber mount isolater, you're referencing the for the Wiper assemblery not Fressh Blower --- correct?

Thanks!
Greg
framos914
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 15 2021, 07:05 PM) *

good idea to take the nut of the isolator from inside the cabin, kind of a pain to get to. I tried removing the nut on the wiper assy side and like mentioned above it's 45 years old and the isolator broke. Got one from 914Rubber. The hardest part is the R&R of the fresh air blower.
914werke
yup Ill try to find a pic.
Its just a 10mm m6 nut under the dash
moldygreg
QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 15 2021, 08:26 PM) *

yup Ill try to find a pic.
Its just a 10mm m6 nut under the dash

Got it! No need for a pic .... yet.

Will say an incantation before proceeding. stirthepot.gif

roblav1
I've had two 914s absolutely completely apart, and that dang fresh air blower box is THE most difficult part of assembly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.