Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ultrasonic cooler cleaning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
John - somewhere (can't find it now...) you offered to broker oil cooler cleaning.
i need it. one soonish, couple more later.

i have your address; pls advise cost & lead time for an early (screw fitting) 911 cooler.
i figure return shipping will be about the same as what it costs to get there, so i can add that on my end.

might be an idea to mention this service in the "Resources" section...

thanks!
Gint
icon_bump.gif

What ever happened here anyway? John? I'm in the same boat.
ArtechnikA
here's some data from the 356 List the last time the question came up there:

Lanfried(Ultrasonic Cleaning) in Carson, CA: contact is Jerry Marquez at
(310)327-8930;

Pacific Oil Cooler at 800.866.7335; and

Jim @ EASY has a Bay Area source

since they're all in California and equally far from me, and since EASY has been a consistent and enthuiastic supporter of the 356 contingent, i expect that's where i'll be sending mine...
MJHanna
I have used Pacific

http://www.oilcoolers.com/

this is how they do it.

http://www.oilcoolers.com/howwell.htm

As they deal with aircraft coolers I went with them and was very happy with the service and results.
biggrin.gif

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (MJHanna @ Jul 28 2005, 08:47 AM)
this is how they do it.
http://www.oilcoolers.com/howwell.htm

interestingly, none of those 27 cleaning and flushing steps involves anything ultrasonic ...
MJHanna
MORE THAN JUST A "FLUSH"

At Pacific Oil Cooler Service, Inc., the term "Overhaul" refers to our approved Process for Re-Certification of your oil cooler (or fuel heater, valve, condenser, evaporator, or intercooler). A good portion of this process is devoted to contaminant removal which begins with the use of our exclusive, state-of-the-art ultra-sonic cleaning equipment - and is followed up with a three step series of high-pressure and high-volume flushing operations. The required result is 100% contaminant removal from your part - no matter how 'plugged up' it may have been when we received it.

Umm me thinks they use them all the time. Call them and ask. I did rolleyes.gif
MJHanna
I was very concerned about contamination when I sent them the cooler. I knew the eng used before with this cooler had been puked. I've had no issues with the cooler for the last 3 years. Just a satified customer...... cool.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (MJHanna @ Jul 28 2005, 09:01 AM)
...me thinks they use them all the time. Call them and ask. I did ...

did you ask why it's not on the list of stuff they do :-) ?

the 356 guys are coming out strongly in favor of Lanfried in Carson, FWIW.

and since we don't know that EASY's mystery source isn't onw of those two, i'm thinking the direct approach may indeed be best...

can i ask what it cost you, and for what kind of cooler?

reports for Lanfried are in the $40-50 range for a 4-cyl sized cooler.
DougC
When they are just flushed what is the process compared to an ultrasonic cleaning? I mean why would you ever flush as opposed to cleaning? Would any airport have facilities to clean aircraft oil coolers? Seems like they would.

Doug C
MJHanna
If I remeber correctly it was around $90 but it was a large cooler (see the front of the chassis) Its the Black area on the photo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.