Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap 2056?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FJ1200
Greetings everyone,

What if anything do people know about the Keith Black 96mm pistons from European Motorworks for the 2.0? My 2.0 was built with stock replacement 2.0 Mahle bus pistons and cylinders. I have a local engine builder who I would have trouble actually paying him to bore my stock cylinders to 96mm. The rest of the engine has about 20k miles on it. It has a web 86 cam with matching valve springs, 38x44 valves and twin 44idf (I know too big). It seems like for about $200 it would be a nice little boost to 2056 and a nice bump in compression. I think the whole thing could be accomplished in a weekend (machinist is 1 mile away).

Looking for BTDT. The long term goal is 2270, headers, mega squirt etc. This might be a nice boost over my 7.5:1 bust setup.

Thoughts?

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/pvw/034-...n+-+Keith+Black
Bleyseng
Yes go for it but check your deck ht etc
barefoot
96 mm P & C set I used, happy with them.

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/03919807596QS...xMaAn7VEALw_wcB
Shivers
Devils advocate: the bump in performance with just that work will not be dramatic. Drive the car, save your money and do the long term goal.
VaccaRabite
My 2056 has the KB pistons and they have been fantastic. I would not hesitate to use them again.
Build to a target CR, but don't get closer then .040 deck without really measuring to make sure you are not going to start kissing spark plugs/valves.

Zach
rfinegan
Keith Black 96mm pistons from European Motorworks are great Pistons and cylinder combos! or bore you OEM ones if you can.
1) Check you deck hight for your compression Ratio
2) Check your Rocker Geometry too if you change the cylinders or have not done so
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.