Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is like Christmas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Federal Express just dropped off 8 boxes from Jake Raby.

Everything he has ever said about his engine kits is true. smilie_pokal.gif

The heads are just unbelievable and all the machined parts just perfect. biggrin.gif

I'm having to consciously remember to breath. These motor pieces are exceptional.

Can't wait to get this engine together and on the dyno.
Aaron Cox
uh........pics????
SGB
MUST SEE!!!!
Jake Raby
Randal, Glad it made it there buddy!

You'll find that the oil pump is missing- I blueprinted it and left it on my desk...

Once again the boss drops the ball!

Glad you like the parts and the kit.

I am here through assembly should you need me....

BTW- Guys this engine is his "baby" engine...... Next year he'll be sporting a full blown MassIVe 2.9 Liter with the new heads! At least thats the preliminary plan at this time.

No pics available on this one guys, it has a ton of proprietary parts including the powerhouse piston design and some VERY trick head work. stromberg.gif is watching every move I make with his spy glasses..
Thank stromberg.gif for everything I can't share these days.
Randal
I'll take some pictures, of the stuff Jake is willing to share, and post them later this evening.
Jake Raby
Here are some pics of the heads. Randals heads are part of our current round of hybrid head development pictured here.

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/r_d_hybrid_3.htm

I have asked him not to show pics of the rest of the stuff due to stromberg.gif you will note that the pics shown do not show the valve springs or stems- good reason for that and stromberg.gif would love to see them.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 20 2005, 03:56 PM)
Here are some pics of the heads. Randals heads are part of our current round of hybrid head development pictured here.

oh, I think I soiled myself! damn... these are new pants too! and now they are all sticky!

beer.gif
grantsfo
How big is this one? 2270cc? I'll be interested in more of the paticulars.
MattR
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 20 2005, 12:56 PM)
I have asked him not to show pics of the rest of the stuff due to stromberg.gif you will note that the pics shown do not show the valve springs or stems- good reason for that and stromberg.gif would love to see them.

Just curious, whats to stop stromberg.gif from buying one of your kits and copying it? Isnt there an inherient risk that someone will copy something thats on the market?
Trekkor
Really happy for you, Randal.
I applaude your patience. clap.gif

It'll be great when you are back on the track with us.

KT
Jake Raby
Randal's kit is not normal. I knew I could trust him and he was willing to play by the rules so I set him up with something not otherwise available in kit form these days.

My other kits are the more universal of the era, and while they work really well I could care less if you know who copied one- I am sure he already has tried.. The fact is that with his lack of attention to detail and preparation the results will never be favorable, even with the recipe... Its just like baking a cake, a little too much sugar will do in the entire recipe...

Randal's kit is leading edge, so leading edge that it is only about 4 months old on the books here. Thats why his is so important to me.

Randals kit is 80X98, but its not the size that counts- its the thought with this one. I really wish i could have built it for him but he simply could not wait so a kit was the only choice we had to get him RAT powered....
Randal
How big is this one? 2270cc?

On Brad Robert's advice I am building a 2.4.

Next year we'll go bigger as Jake has outlined in previous posts.

And the 2.4 will be running L&N Engineering cylinders, so we expect this engine will run cooler and be more reliable.

Also Charles Navarrro (LN Engineering) has been extremely helpful working with all the other contibutors to ensure this engine works.

I just can't wait to fire this one at Link's dyno.
ClayPerrine
Jake,

Are the heads available with dual igniton? I have seen some that use a harley motorcycle plug up between the pushrod tubes on the bottom.

Just curious.....

SGB
wow thems perty-
all those surfaces - how are you taking that material out so cleanly?
Jake-
I understand about the pictures, but I donn't think you need to worry about Stromberg- he has soured his rep and I don't think he will ever be able to transend to a real business. His operation has got to be just a name- I don't think he has capitol or investors to underwrite cash flow requirements of a real business.
I gotta start putting money in a jar or something. Jake, will you still sell me a motor when I'm 90? (old geezer smilie)
Jake Raby
Its not that shithead could ever reproduce the parts that we have- he couldn't.. He can get an idea from them enough to use as a marketing aid for his other junk and thats the concern. Just like he has done with the Nickies.... People know Nickies rock and they think his are comparable, but they are not.

As for the material being removed- thats ALL done by hand 100%. Len has over 30 solid hours of labor in these heads. Hell he spent 50 bucks on abrasives to complete the porting. While this is natural for a Super Hero engine its out of the ordinary for a kit. Randal is a hell of a perfect person for this above and beyond kit and we wanted it to rock, so Len went crazy!

This 12:1 race fueled beast should lay down close to 200 ponies at the flywheel-
TimT
I just can't wait to fire this one at Link's dyno.

heheh using Link EFI also?

it werks gud beerchug.gif
Randal
heheh using Link EFI also?

Right, with TWM throttle bodies.

Mueller is the main contributor here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.