Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part of a inner longitudinal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Folks!

Happy kinda spring,

I have all the lovely sheet metal coming from RD (very excited) but the one piece I'm looking at is the lower inner longitudinal (passenger of course). RD has that part but I really don't want to go that crazy because it's only the lower 50% I need to reinforce (behind and under the heater hose. And cutting a $400 piece in half just doesn't seem right.

It's just 3'-4' with a couple of lengthwise bends to go up against the existing longitudinal and a lip to pick up the inner rocker panel. For the sake of speed and cleanliness I'd like to buy one? Any suppliers that I've missed? I may find a local sheet metal shop to bend up some 18 gauge.

Brad's kit is going over it all but I want to do it right.

Thanks in advance!
9146C
I made a similar repair on mine...electing not to change out the entire passenger inner long.

Myself, I did go with the RD piece. It isn't a simple "U-channel with lips"...there's a little more to it. (If I recall, it is slightly tapered front to rear.)

If you do decide to make your own panel, don't forget to add the seatbelt mount.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.