Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn Blows Without Fuse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfreiburger
My horn blows when the wheel is turned regardless of what fuse is pulled - I tried them all. ideas?
johnhora
it's possibly wired directly to 12v hot lead
Root_Werks
QUOTE(johnhora @ Apr 14 2021, 04:54 PM) *

agree.gif

The horn Positive supply should go through the fuse panel. Check the fuse panel, could be someone plugged the wire into the wrong side of the correct slot or another slot.
pfreiburger
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 15 2021, 09:51 AM) *

agree.gif

The horn Positive supply should go through the fuse panel. Check the fuse panel, could be someone plugged the wire into the wrong side of the correct slot or another slot.

Thanks much for the reply, I will drop the fuse box and check that next. I see that there is a dedicated horn relay as well. I have a wiring diagram on the way, so I will be able to pull the relay and check out the circuits.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Apr 15 2021, 07:58 AM) *

agree.gif

Thanks much for the reply, I will drop the fuse box and check that next. I see that there is a dedicated horn relay as well. I have a wiring diagram on the way, so I will be able to pull the relay and check out the circuits.

Good idea on the relay, could be bad? Shorted?
pfreiburger
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Apr 15 2021, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Apr 15 2021, 07:58 AM) *

agree.gif

Good idea on the relay, could be bad? Shorted?

Could be. New ones are inexpensive and considering the age, I might just replace all 3 at the same time, regardless of whatever else I find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.