Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery Box's for Front Trunk Location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hi Everyone,

I am just replumbing my supply lines to the Master Cylinder and re installing my fuel tank.

One thing I need to start thinking about is my Battery Mount and possibly Box type to secure it. I have located my fuel pump in the trunk as well.

Could I see some Battery Boxes and how you have secured them? I am have a new Red Top Optima Battery for the car from a size point of view etc.

Much thanks, Grant
914Toy
QUOTE(NS914 @ Apr 16 2021, 09:33 AM) *

Hi Everyone,

I am just replumbing my supply lines to the Master Cylinder and re installing my fuel tank.

One thing I need to start thinking about is my Battery Mount and possibly Box type to secure it. I have located my fuel pump in the trunk as well.

Could I see some Battery Boxes and how you have secured them? I am have a new Red Top Optima Battery for the car from a size point of view etc.

Much thanks, Grant

Keep it simple - non leak battery, battery footprint platform of aluminum, metal strap to wheel well.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I would keep it in the stock location. Won’t need long cables. Won’t take up room in the trunk, helps balance out driver weight, etc. no downside if it’s a sealed battery.
Mark Henry
If you do this make sure you use heavy duty grommets every point the cable passes through metal.
That battery has enough juice to burn your teen to the ground.
NS914
I hadn't thought about a simple metal strap. I had been mostly focused on bolting it to the floor and using some form of rubber to isolate from jumping around in frunk.

Mark's comments re Grommets...absolutely! I have been inserting Grommets everywhere but truly thank you for reinforcing a good idea.

Click to view attachment
[/quote]
NS914
apologies double post, when I figure out how to delete I will do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.