Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Stock Sway Bars (Rear Especially) - FOUND
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
superJoy
Hi,

Looking for a substantially complete factory rear sway bar setup (bar, brackets, drop links, special strut bolts) for my 914. Paying for shipping is no problem.

Interested in stock front bars too, but not as concerned about that since I can grab an aftermarket if nothing comes up.

David
914Sixer
Stock rear on ebay for $200. 914Werke has drop links. Rear clamps $22 a pair. Bushings available cheap. Shock bolts are about $100 each new.
mepstein
Marek was making a kit. Expensive but not really when you try to source oem and refinish.
laflaur
Here are the picsClick to view attachment
16mm
superJoy
Thanks for the info 914Sixer and mepstein. Luckily, laflaur has one available so that will save me some trouble tracking down elsewhere.

I've marked this WTB as FOUND, as the rear bar was my main focus.

Thanks again, all.
drem914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 18 2021, 09:47 AM) *

Stock rear on ebay for $200. 914Werke has drop links. Rear clamps $22 a pair. Bushings available cheap. Shock bolts are about $100 each new.

@mepstein the bushings are cheap, but how do you separate the the ball ends of the sway bar and the shock bottom bolt from ther nylon bushings? Looking to remove and replace all the bushings when I do a little refinishing to clean up my 45 year old sway bar and links.
mepstein
QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 19 2021, 05:21 PM) *

@mepstein the bushings are cheap, but how do you separate the the ball ends of the sway bar and the shock bottom bolt from ther nylon bushings? Looking to remove and replace all the bushings when I do a little refinishing to clean up my 45 year old sway bar and links.

A torch makes short work of it if you are going to refinish, otherwise try a brass hammer or 2x4 piece of wood to pry it off, depending if it's still on the car or mounted in a vise.
drem914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2021, 02:24 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 19 2021, 05:21 PM) *

A torch makes short work of it if you are going to refinish, otherwise try a brass hammer or 2x4 piece of wood to pry it off, depending if it's still on the car or mounted in a vise.

Okay thanks. They never tell yo that in the service manuals - just remove.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.