Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMB Performance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
I think everyone on this site already knows how good their work is.
I wanted to give a personal public acknowledgment and thanks to Eric and his staff at PMB.
We had a few problems with an order I placed, but it was corrected without a hassle and their follow up was outstanding. It is rare anymore to see such great customer service.
Well done PMB and thanks again.
EJP914
Tom_T
Good to give feedback like this EJP!

Hah! .... I used to live not far from you on Ft. Couch Rd. in USC Twp Bridgeville! My Dad worked at Koppers there, before getting a new job out here in San Diego in 1963 - but I still have some family back there in PGH.

Your `73 2L Marathon was always my favorite color, but alas - one wasn't available when I was looking for my 914 a year after graduating college in 1975 - so mine is original L80E Light Ivory with several color changes - 2 before my 2nd ownership (by dealer), 2 under mine in 1976 & 1983, but going back to L80E in resto.

Based on your VIN - I'm thinking your 914-2.0 was built about December (translate your Chassis # for build date), so yours would be in the "914S" era up to about March `73 sales - so you may find this 914S info interesting:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107851

~ and ~

Click to view attachment

Now keep those 914s off the salty roads back there!

Go Steelers, Bucs, `Quins/Hornets! cheer.gif
Tom
///////
EJP914
Tom,
You former Pgh guys are everywhere! Smart move on your dad's part. San Diego vs Pittsburgh??? That wasn't too difficult.
I did own a '73 Marathon Blue 914 years back but it was a 1.7.
Good to hear from a former "neighbor"
Ed
Tom_T
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Apr 26 2021, 10:49 AM) *

Tom,
You former Pgh guys are everywhere! Smart move on your dad's part. San Diego vs Pittsburgh??? That wasn't too difficult.
I did own a '73 Marathon Blue 914 years back but it was a 1.7.
Good to hear from a former "neighbor"
Ed

Hey Ed -

There's no "former" involved - you can take the kid outta PGH, but you can't take the PGH outta the person! biggrin.gif

40 years later I still got picked out as a PGHer presenting at a local City Council meeting years back, by one of the Councilmembers who was a McGee grandson!

We had a great chat after the meeting, & his was the swing vote for a 3-2 project approval, but it was a great project anyway.

After I saw your post, I was trying to find another 914er whom I'd PMed with a while back pre-COVID (so early 2020 or 2019 -ish) who's in Upper St. Clair Twp. to connect you two Burghers up - but I cannot find him now (probably my half-zymers).

IIRC he also owns a Cayenne & is in your local PCA Region - so you may run across him back there.

There are also several other PGH-914ers on here & maybe they'll come out of the woodwork so Yuns can get together at the PGH Vintage this &/or future Summers (COVID permitting).

What's your current 914? .... the `74? ..... & is it a 1.8 or 2.0?

So for 1974 Porsche+Audi of VOA (predecessor of PCNA for USA/Canada back then) changed that 1973 914S ad with the Appearance & Performance Groups' options included in the base price for the 2L - to this one when everything was an extra cost options or group.

They did the all inclusive `73 914S to offset the buyer resistance of switching from the 70-72 914-6, then did all optional to keep the base prices down due to the W. German Deutche Mark escalation against the dollar. And they had to also add a 914-2.0 Sport sub-model in the late 73 MY with only the Performance Group (sway bars & Fuch 2L wheels only) in order to still advertise a lower entry price for the 2.0 cars for the same cost escalation reason.

Here's how they changed the same red 914 pic for the 1974 914-2.0 ads:

Click to view attachment

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

advman89
Fully agree!!

Did a fantastic job getting my brakes sorted!!
worn
Eric is great and seems to work for the sake of doing good work. Lots of people are like that, but they still stand out as great. Thanks PMB.
Gatornapper
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 26 2021, 05:26 PM) *

Eric is great and seems to work for the sake of doing good work. Lots of people are like that, but they still stand out as great. Thanks PMB.

Could not agree more. Eric was incredibly helpful on a number of things, and couldn't believe all the time he spent on the phone just to help.

Not to mention that his calipers are better than new.......

GN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.