Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash front seal mounting?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
Do I have this facing the right way? Seems like it will stick out as far as the butyl strip for the windshield.
bkrantz
Any comments?
76-914
Damn if I can remember. I only know that I installed it backwards then complained it was poorly made. headbang.gif A year later I flipped it and discovered how wrong I'd been and what a great seal 914rubber had produced. It's easy to install/remove that seal with the windshield in place. beerchug.gif
9146GUY
Looks to me like you have the rubber installed in the wrong position. Move it one groove to the right in the picture
ndfrigi
If I remember that is correct and I installed mine after the windshield was installed. That front lip of the seal will face up leaning the windshield. In addition, if there is moist from inner side of the windshield, it will just slide towards the top of dash instead of going underneath that can cause rust.
For sure someone from 914rubber will give the exact answer.
bkrantz
@Mikey914

Mark, can you advise?
Mikey914
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Apr 29 2021, 07:57 PM) *

Do I have this facing the right way? Seems like it will stick out as far as the butyl strip for the windshield.

The direction on the seal is correct. You will need the corner pillar pieces installed to put it in properly. You will need to notch the ends to accommodate the trim part. I cut the piece about 1/8 longer than needed, put both ends in and overcenter it. It will push down and stay in place.
-Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.