Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help determining price
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JLG From CO
I have a '75 914 roller/parts car and would like help determining a fair price to sell.

I got this car from my former father in law about 30 years ago and have had it stored inside since. I always had intentions of making this into a driver but it is time for me to pass this one along.

My understanding is that this car had been stripped thus the combination of mismatched panels. My former brother in law helped him gather parts for this car. Therefore there are probably duplicates of parts and probably parts for other than a 1975 and probably parts still needed. He also had another wrecked 914 that some parts came from which might explain some of the extras.

I had always intended on posting a bond on the car to get a title but never did so I do not have a title. I would like input from members as to a fair price to advertise the car and all parts for sale on 914 World.

I want to find a fair price for seller and buyer. I believe this to be a roller that can be brought back to life but definitely has great value in its parts, however I am not interested in parting it out.

If someone has specific areas/parts that need better photos to help the value/potential of selling this car I am willing to put some effort into gathering better information if it is worth it.

Any suggestions/input is greatly appreciated. Without getting too detailed I am just posting general pictures of the car/parts.

This car is located in central Iowa.

Sorry about the sideways photos...I'm struggling a bit. headbang.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JLG From CO
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
Most important is the money shot of the hell hole (Passenger side corner infront of engine and behind rear bulkhead).

Rust is the biggest issue with these cars and a rust free tub is what people seek. The rest is sort of just a basket case of parts many of which appear to have had better days.

If you can get better photos of chassis condition, that is far more important than the loose parts and is what is going to determine value.

welcome.png
JLG From CO
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 30 2021, 04:40 PM) *

Most important is the money shot of the hell hole (Passenger side corner infront of engine and behind rear bulkhead).

Rust is the biggest issue with these cars and a rust free tub is what people seek. The rest is sort of just a basket case of parts many of which appear to have had better days.

If you can get better photos of chassis condition, that is far more important than the loose parts and is what is going to determine value.

welcome.png

Thanks for your response.

So I've seen the term hell hole used a lot on this site but never knew where this was. I know battery acid was a big issue on that side of the engine bay...is this the same issue or different? Also, is it important to look from the side of engine or side of passenger compartment (or both)?
Mark Henry
The hell hole is the forward area under the battery tray. Also remove the right rocker check the area below the hell hole. Jack the car up under the jack holes and watch to see if the door gaps grow.

A good tub is worth more than a rusty one.
Mcraneiowa
I live in near Winterset,IA and would be willing to check out your car. I am in the process of finishing up a 914, could at least give an opinion. 515-943-1427. Mike
Front yard mechanic
A bag of bones should be worth a 1000
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.