Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally behind the wheel!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
Today I had my second round of 'shake the bubbles out' drive to get some solid brake pedal feel. Still not there but it feels likeI'm making progress.
A few other observations now that I have some seat time, thoughts and input would be welcome. The temp gauge is very slow to move up, and when it's up and steady its well in the higher ranger, almost past the M in temp. The car does not smell hot so I'm not sure if this is normal.
The voltage gauge reads 12 volts for the first 20 minutes or so and then drops down to about 10. Then, when I apply the brakes it drops to about 8, and with a turn signal on it bounces with the turn signal.
I still have issues with the brakes but I am optimistic the supplier will stand behind their restoration. Any suggestions where to start looking for the faulty ground r or poor connections for the gauge issues?
And it's a real blast to drive on such skinny little tires!
Thanks in advance!
flipb
The voltmeter is a very simple circuit. You can see when your brake lights or turn signals are on. I sometimes glance at it to make sure my brake lights are coming on at the right point in the pedal travel. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.