Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car horn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
The horn on a 1975. Can those nuts be removed, so the two terminals can be cleaned underneath?
bdstone914
QUOTE(partwerks @ May 5 2021, 06:00 PM) *

The horn on a 1975. Can those nuts be removed, so the two terminals can be cleaned underneath?

Yes but that is not usually the problem. There is a set of contact points inside that get corrored. You have to drill out the rivets and take the cover off to a cess them.
partwerks
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 5 2021, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(partwerks @ May 5 2021, 06:00 PM) *

Yes but that is not usually the problem. There is a set of contact points inside that get corrored. You have to drill out the rivets and take the cover off to a cess them.

The earlier set I have, has rivets, but my later one does have any rivets. Almost looks like it is crimped on around the edges, similar to the gauges? As of a year ago, it worked, and so as a last resort, I was going to see if that would help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.