Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn Signal does not auto-cancel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbzymek
The (1975) ignition lock began jamming so I have a new ignition lock and switch is on order. I plan to have the lock pins revised to match the old key. I would also like the fix the auto cancel for the turn signal. Just replace it of is there more to it? Thanks!

Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
unless you just happened to be missing the "W" spring and can source one from someone here, it's probably best to just install a new switch. just find one that has the same number of pins as the one you're replacing.
rbzymek
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 16 2021, 09:37 PM) *

unless you just happened to be missing the "W" spring and can source one from someone here, it's probably best to just install a new switch. just find one that has the same number of pins as the one you're replacing.

Thanks Brian.
burlybryan
FWIW, not that it pertains to your car. The PO of my car installed a Momo wheel and hub and upon re-assembly, they installed the hub clocked so that it wasn't aligned with the switch tang. I rotated the hub and re-gained auto cancel.
930cabman
The self cancelling function can be tricky. Are you running a stock steering wheel? It could be as simple as the ring is not tripping the tang. Or it could be internal to the turn signal switch. In the Alfa Romeo world I have heard of guys rebuilding the turn signal switches and repairing the self cancelling function
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.