Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Latch Rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
My rear targa latches are pretty sloppy. I see replacements for the latch hook arms. Do these have a tighter fit on the pivots? Are the pivots likely to be worn skinny?
bandjoey
On top of the rebuild get some vac hose and put it on the anchor pin. This alone will pull the top down really tight
bdstone914
QUOTE(bkrantz @ May 23 2021, 07:00 PM) *

My rear targa latches are pretty sloppy. I see replacements for the latch hook arms. Do these have a tighter fit on the pivots? Are the pivots likely to be worn skinny?

When i rebuild them i powder coat the pivot pin which builds it up. And i use a push on fastener which digs into the paint and holds better. I have seen the snap rings pop off when install as lateral pressure is applied to the hook from worn pins.

@bkrantz
76-914
I tried some hose on the pins but it was to large. They need very little build up. I finally settled on a few layers of heat shrink tube over the pin. I think the best solution might be to fill in the slot in the latch with a spot weld then file out a new channel for the pin to rest on. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
We are making a full rebuild kit. I will post up some info We’d.
Mark
bkrantz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 24 2021, 01:42 AM) *

We are making a full rebuild kit. I will post up some info We’d.
Mark

Thanks, Mark. Good timing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.