Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Latest NOS finds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jett
Found some cool parts…
rjames
Nice.

I just acquired a NOS late model 2.0 ECU. Based on the tag is was shipped to a reseller in '91.
Jett
QUOTE(rjames @ Jun 8 2021, 06:42 PM) *

Nice.

I just acquired a NOS late model 2.0 ECU. Based on the tag is was shipped to a reseller in '91.

Good deal.
Porschef
Would you consider selling the regulator?

Thanks
Jett
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 9 2021, 03:47 AM) *

Would you consider selling the regulator?

Thanks

Sorry bought it for use. That said, I bought this off eBay from a person in Egypt, who apparently has a few. I took a chance and it looks like a good part but has not been tested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402242179998?epid=...1kAAOSw7gxeoKxB
Root_Werks
Some cool finds for sure!
Maltese Falcon
Found these at a dealership in Neckarsulm back in the mid '70s, perfect gifts for my buddies after the European trip. I should have bought a pallet of 'em !
Click to view attachment
ctc911ctc
Love the yellow vinyl tape, mine is very yellowed yellow. biggrin.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 9 2021, 09:19 AM) *

Found these at a dealership in Neckarsulm back in the mid '70s, perfect gifts for my buddies after the European trip. I should have bought a pallet of 'em !
Click to view attachment

Lol +1!
Arno914
I have ordered one of those NOS Regulators from Egyt as well. (Crazy, have to go that far to get this, apparently nothing available here in Porsche motherland.)

@Jett : Did you try yours already, does it work?

The part # is slightly different from the original one in my ´71:

Original: Bosch 0190 600 016
NOS "Egypt": Bosch 0190 601 006

Any explanation about those numbers?

Greetings, Arno

IPB Image
Jett
QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jun 9 2021, 11:34 PM) *

I have ordered one of those NOS Regulators from Egyt as well. (Crazy, have to go that far to get this, apparently nothing available here in Porsche motherland.)

@Jett : Did you try yours already, does it work?

The part # is slightly different from the original one in my ´71:

Original: Bosch 0190 600 016
NOS "Egypt": Bosch 0190 601 06

Any explanation about those numbers?

Greetings, Arno

IPB Image

Good call out! I am checking with a couple of friends , but it appears that the VR and alternator amps may need to be in sync.

I found this article so far on Samba https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/archive/i...t-309897--.html that said:

The 55 amp alternator uses the Bosch 30 048 / 0190600016

The 70 amp alternator uses the Bosch 30 051 / 0190601006
Arno914
Great information here!

Unfortunately I cannot find the conversion table between Bosch and Volkwagen/Porsche part numbers.

This is what I found in my workshop manual. 914 and 914/6 both use the same regulator for their 50/55 amp alternators. (914/6 has 5 Amps more - insane! rolleyes.gif )

I assume, the regulator for the 70 amp alternator might well work and has a higher safety margin combined with our "small" alternators. I have a friend who is deeeep in the vw aircooled scene, maybe he has some conversation tables, I give him a call...

IPB Image

Jett
QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jun 10 2021, 09:22 AM) *

Great information here!

Unfortunately I cannot find the conversion table between Bosch and Volkwagen/Porsche part numbers.

This is what I found in my workshop manual. 914 and 914/6 both use the same regulator for their 50/55 amp alternators. (914/6 has 5 Amps more - insane! rolleyes.gif )

I assume, the regulator for the 70 amp alternator might well work and has a higher safety margin combined with our "small" alternators. I have a friend who is deeeep in the vw aircooled scene, maybe he has some conversation tables, I give him a call...

IPB Image

Nice. My friend came back with…

“All my info shows the latest part numbers and they indicate that both numbers are replaced by one that can do either.
That’s a Porsche # though, not Bosch.”
Arno914
Package arrived yesterday. Shipment from Ägypt was faster than sending stuff within Germany. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to try this regulator. Thanks again for the recommendation.

IPB Image
Jett
QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jun 15 2021, 06:58 AM) *

Package arrived yesterday. Shipment from Ägypt was faster than sending stuff within Germany. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

Excellent!
Movin6
QUOTE(Jett @ Jun 15 2021, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jun 15 2021, 06:58 AM) *

IPB Image

Excellent!

I think I want to get a spare also. Has anyone verified that they work for a 914-6?

Thanks in advance!
Arno914
More NOS in yellow boxes:

2 brandnew, still sealed injectors for the 1.7 smile.gif

IPB Image
Jett
QUOTE(Jett @ Jun 10 2021, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jun 10 2021, 09:22 AM) *

Great information here!

IPB Image

Nice. My friend came back with…

“All my info shows the latest part numbers and they indicate that both numbers are replaced by one that can do either.
That’s a Porsche # though, not Bosch.”

Tested and verified.
Jett
Found touch-up paint for the 75 Palma car. Am sure it is no good, but will look cool in the glovebox smile.gif
Jett
Found an NOS steering rack cover with a lot of shelf wear, but will blast and paint.
Jett
QUOTE(Arno914 @ Jun 17 2021, 01:51 AM) *

More NOS in yellow boxes:

2 brandnew, still sealed injectors for the 1.7 smile.gif

IPB Image

Very nice and always good to have.
914Sixer
Any NOS is GOOD!
Arno914
Short update on the NOS voltage regulator:

The 55 amp alternator uses the Bosch 30 048 / 0190600016

The 70 amp alternator uses the Bosch 30 051 / 0190601006

I installed the "70 Amp" regulator on my 1.7 relay board (replacing the 55 amp original part). Works perfectly so far. Voltage is close to 14V slighly above idle and stays stable.

Arno
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.