Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with Seat Belt Hardware
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
I think I have sorted all the bolts, washers, and bushings to get my seat belts installed, except for the belt end that bolts to the sills on the outboard side of the seats. I have stuff that came off the car (but a mix of PO randomness) and that I collected from other sources.

It looks like the metal bushings fit the belt end tabs best, but the Porsche parts catalog shows plastic bushings.

Any guidance?

A 73, BTW.
windforfun
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 10 2021, 07:08 PM) *

I think I have sorted all the bolts, washers, and bushings to get my seat belts installed, except for the belt end that bolts to the sills on the outboard side of the seats. I have stuff that came off the car (but a mix of PO randomness) and that I collected from other sources.

It looks like the metal bushings fit the belt end tabs best, but the Porsche parts catalog shows plastic bushings.

Any guidance?

A 73, BTW.

By sills do you mean up by your shoulder or down at the floor?
bbrock
My 73 had the plastic washers. I also learned that the short shoulder bolts go on the inboard side to bolt the receivers to the tunnel. If you use the long bolts there, the driver's side will interfere with the shift rod, causing it to grind and be hard to shift into 4 and 5. Had to learn that one the hard way dry.gif
bkrantz
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 10 2021, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 10 2021, 07:08 PM) *

Any guidance?

A 73, BTW.

By sills do you mean up by your shoulder or down at the floor?

By the floor in the sills.
bdstone914
@bkrantz

Here is a picture of the order of the hardware.

Top pair B pillar
Second from top, outer long
Third from top reciever to tunnel
Bottom, retractor to firefall.
Not that Schnooor or wave washers are used.
The metal loops go between to two black washers. Original washers are collared whit washers.

dirk2056
I would like to send out seatbelts for overall springs belts etc. who do you recommend?

Thanks
bkrantz
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 11 2021, 07:44 AM) *

@bkrantz

Here is a picture of the order of the hardware.

Top pair B pillar
Second from top, outer long
Third from top reciever to tunnel
Bottom, retractor to firefall.
Not that Schnooor or wave washers are used.
The metal loops go between to two black washers. Original washers are collared whit washers.

Thanks very much--makes sense to me now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.