Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dinner with RennShift July 30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JWest
Brad - what's your phone number so I can call you once I'm up there?
Jeffs9146
James,

I think it should be good for the drive home! I took it to work today, I drive for a living, and I was on the road for 6 hours without a problem! I stopped by Parts Heaven to see what they have in 3.0L's for my new project! They were sorry to see another California car leave the state! I am getting sad also!! So much time!

I look forward to meeting you on Wed, let me know when you would like to get started!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
3.2 man... 3.2... electronic injection... crank triggered...

B
Jeffs9146
Still a long way from that point! I am considering all options!!

Thanks for the swift kick in the ass though!! lol

Jeff
Jeffs9146
Bump!!

This is just a reminder about dinner tomorow at On The Border in Dublin at 7:30

4940 Dublin Blvd
Dublin, Ca

925-829-1371
Brad Roberts
Can you draw the parking lot stripes also ?? LOL

Cant wait to meet some of the Eastern people.

B
seanery
the zoom in button doesn't work!
JWest
I'm heading to the airport in a few hours. See you guys tomorrow! boldblue.gif
Jeffs9146
As per your request Brad!! finger.gif pray.gif

Jeff
Brad Roberts
Can you bring me 18 year old virgins ?? (females)

B
Jeffs9146
18 huh! Your wish is my command!!

Jeff

PS: OK, I had a few before I did this one! lol

edited!!
Jeffs9146
No, I take that back!!! I didn't do that.....it was my niece!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
I just noticed your avatar... I see TWO 914's in the driveway.

Which black 6 did you pick up again ?? The Felon's car ??

B
Jeffs9146
Yep! Felon used and abused!

It is gatereing dust now waiting for room to break it down and see what I have gotten myself into!!

James has been kind enough to help me clear out my garage of the nice car!!

Jeff
Brad Roberts
DINNER TONIGHT.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 30 2003, 12:55 PM)
DINNER TONIGHT.

yeah baby!

btw. B., i got the carrera axles and CV's with bolts ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
NICE.

Lyressa is following us to the dinner... she needs to leave before 10pm...LOL

B
Jeffs9146
OK, The deal is done!

1 - 1974 Porsche 914 2.0
for
1 - Renshift Shifter!

What a deal!!

See everyone at dinner in a few hours!

Jeff

This is Jeff with his new shifter!
Jeffs9146
And this is James with his new 914!!
Jeroen
You mean you traded that silver car for the shifter unit?????

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeffs9146
Yep and $7150 cash!!

Jeff
Jeroen
Oh, OK... I almost thought I had to pull out all my hair biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
alright, that was a nice evening. always good to see the usual faces (and a few new ones).

James and Dad:
have a save trip back home. looks like you got yourself a nice ride!!!

somebody took pics. can't remember who. post 'em here!

afterwards, we went to Jeff's place and drank all his beer. that was fun too. got home around 2:45 am rolleyes.gif
Jeff, thanks for the bilstein shocks, you now own a part of my car smile.gif
Greetings to the lady (i never got her name, tzzzz, uncivil me ...)

Andy
Jeffs9146
Wow, what happppppend last night!! lol Where did all my beer go??:? beerchug.gif

Andy, your welcome for the Bilstiens, they will do you more good than they will do me! smash.gif The lady said "greetings back at ya" and her name is Isabel. wub.gif

I had a great time and I hope to do it again in the future!

Scott, I think you have the pictures, right? Get them up as soon as you can!

James and Jim, let us know how the drive went!!

Jeff smash.gif
Scott Carlberg
Jeff wrote: "Scott, I think you have the pictures, right? Get them up as soon as you can!

..It was me taking the pics, but...
I'm shooting film, not digital. I WANT a digital camera!!!!
It'll be a couple more days, to a week before I finish the roll.

When is Christmas anyway?
Brad Roberts
We drank some beer.

Feel free to come up north and drink "our" beer. We stand around the shop and BS just like we did in your garage.

B
JWest
We're home! mueba.gif

The car did great - it really was not that hot in the car even though a gas station attendant in Arizona said it was 104 outside!

We stayed in Flagstaff the first night, and it was going so well that I decided to just keep going yesterday. Got in at 2:00 this morning.

I have pics that I will post soon.

The only issue I had was some vapor lock yesterday afternoon. The fuel pump is still in the rear location, and I think we picked up some gas that was more sensitive to that (since it was actually hotter the first day and we had not problems).

After a stop we had a hard time getting it going, and it quit twice on the highway from it.

The solution was to pour some water (is my 914 water-cooled now? rolleyes.gif ) on the pump and cycle it to get the air out. It was kind of cool to hear the air bubbles coming up in the gas tank. blink.gif

Once the sun went down it was fine. Not bad for a 30 year old car under pretty extreme conditions.

I had a great time meeting everyone, I just wish I had more time to talk to each of you that came. Maybe I'll have to make another trip out there again. idea.gif

More to come...
seanery
Congrats on your new car and a safe trip!
Jeffs9146
Great! I was starting to worry!! lol

Vapor lock? I guess I haven't driven it under that type of conditions!

It was great meeting you and your dad! I can’t wait to see all the photos!

I hope we didn’t keep your dad up with our chatting in the garage! beerchug.gif

Jeff
JWest
No, you didn't keep my dad up but you kept ME up way too late! Let's see, I got into the hotel at 5:30 am the first night, got to bed at 3:30 am (my time) the second night, and got home from driving at 2:00 am last night. Why am I awake right now?!?

Hopefully I won't be driving the car for more than 8 hours in 100 degree heat again - so I won't have to worry about the vapor lock anymore. I might move the fuel pump up front if I'm feeling bored sometime.

Anyway, the speedometer quit working on the way (the GPS sure did come in handy, SO THERE to whoever called me a techno geek at dinner tongue.gif).

I think I just found the bad CV joint (which got worse and worse as the trip when on) - it was actually the exhaust pipe hitting the valance when starting out. Nothing a little stepping on it couldn't fix!

I just got back from a nice top-off drive around the lake - what a blast! driving.gif
Mueller
Hey James, nice meeting you and your Dad.

I had never seen Jeff's car (now yours !!!) before, I still cannot believe how nice it is. I think you got a really good deal.
TheCabinetmaker
James, been following this thread since the start. Look forward to meeting you and the new ride in Hot Springs. Move the fuel pump. The car is in the heat belt now, and will vapor lock again. Ask me how I know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.