Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dinner with RennShift July 30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JWest
Figured I'd start a new thread since the date changed from the title on the other post anyway.

I'm coming out to SF to get a 914, so I want to get together with some of you while I'm there.

Where: On The Border - Dublin, CA - 580 area - see page 2 for map (I'm probably the only one that needs the map, though)

When: July 30th

Time: 7:30 PM

See ya there! boldblue.gif
SirAndy
very good. i'll be there. could someone please fill in the location/directions?

later,
Andy
Jeffs9146
Hi James, boy you picked the wrong side of the bay to hang out!! Livermore is a full 45-50 minutes from Mountain View (Tied House) and 50+ minutes from Brad. Someplace like Oakland would be more centraly located for everyone involved. IMO Sorry I haven't been involved in these threads but I was on a houseboat at Shasta Lake for 10 days.

Jeff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs74~914 @ Jul 22 2003, 09:28 AM)
Hi James, boy you picked the wrong side of the bay to hang out!! Livermore is a full 45-50 minutes from Mountain View (Tied House) and 50+ minutes from Brad. Someplace like Oakland would be more centraly located for everyone involved. IMO Sorry I haven't been involved in these threads but I was on a houseboat at Shasta Lake for 10 days.

i tought he was staying in a hotel near SFO ...
i had a girlfriend in livermore for a while, the drive from SF to LM is not too bad, except if it's rushhour ...

Andy
Jeffs9146
Yes but he is comming to SF on Tuesday and Livermore on Wed then driving to Mountain view in the evening, then back to Livermore after dinner then off to Texas on the 31st. It seems like a lot of backtracking. No big deal for me!

Jeff
madd_dogg_914
I can come if it is at 7pm or later. Just keep us posted.

-Chris
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs74~914 @ Jul 22 2003, 09:43 AM)
Yes but he is comming to SF on Tuesday and Livermore on Wed then driving to Mountain view in the evening, then back to Livermore after dinner then off to Texas on the 31st. It seems like a lot of backtracking. No big deal for me!

aha, ic
i didn't know the rest of his schedule ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
I picked Tied House because half the bay area 914 people live in San Jose or on the penisula.

James.. give me the FULL plan. I'll map it out and figure it out.

Does Oakland have a dinner place that we wont be shot at when we leave ??

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 22 2003, 10:02 AM)
Does Oakland have a dinner place that we wont be shot at when we leave ??

i would love to say yes, but unless you want something fancy schmanzy near the lake, flying bullets are part of the ambient atmosphere here in oakland laugh.gif

Andy
MJHanna
I’m impressed with the ability to ski off of a Houseboat. confused24.gif
Lawrence
What the hell is Tied House? Is that like Helga's House of Pain?
Lawrence
Whoa w00t.gif

Waterskiing behind a 914! Now that's cool!

-Rusty smoke.gif

IPB Image
Part Pricer
A “tied house” is a pub that is owned by a brewery and is allowed to sell only beer manufactured by that brewery.

IPB Image
JWest
Jeff is up to date with my plan.

I am flying into SFO on the night of the 29th and we'll grab a hotel at the ariport (found some for $40 right by SFO).

Get together with Jeff in Livermore during the day on Wed 30th to take care of the car stuff. May have time to do somthing else?

Go to dinner with you guys that evening.

Stay at Jeff's in Livermore Wed night.

Head out to TX early on Thursday morning if everything has been taken care of.

I don't mind driving around too much, we'll have a rental so it's just gas. It might be cool to see more of the area.
Mueller
Count me in for dinner !!!!
Lawrence
James,

Kind of like Racoon River in Des Moines. They make a beer called Stonecutter. Get used to that, and you'll think Guiness is for pussies.

-Rusty smoke.gif
seanery
Brad,

Will they be going on that drive you took me when we went to HPH?
That was pretty up in the rolling hills and stuff with the lake.
Know what I'm talking about?

That might be nice to go spin.
Brad Roberts
ha ha.. "its just gas".. yeah well our gas is 1.95 a gallon for 87 octane.

Have Jeff bring the car to the dinner... then drive back with him. NO need for you to run to his place and then back.. visit HPH to burn some time between waking up and the dinner. We will do a 7:30 dinner.

B
JWest
That's going to be up to Jeff. We have bank stuff to do.
Brad Roberts
Ok.. how about 580/680 area ?? I know there is a "On The Border" food place near the movie theatre in Pleasanton.

It doesnt matter to me.. I have to drive for a hour either way.

B
Scott Carlberg
There's an Outback Steakhouse right there by the 580/680 interchange.

There's also a Taxi's at that same mall (pleasanton) also. Good ambience.

InNOut Burger! Being from Texas, he's prolly never had a good burger, eh? lol
Carl
There's a Chevy's on the Oakland side of 680 at Bollinger Canyon Road, on the San Ramon side of 580/680.

Carl
PatW
What?. No one wants to go to Hooters! w00t.gif w00t.gif
Brad Roberts
The guest of honor (James) is not "fond" of the Hooters chain..

Otherwise.. I would be there in a heartbeat..LOL

B
Jeffs9146
Like I told James, I am very flexible so I am going to leave the decisions to you all!

Jeff
JWest
Ok guys, I am going to go to Jeff's first to get the car dealt with (that's the reason for the trip after all).

Once we finish that I can call you Brad and see if I can run up your way.

Either way we can do dinner at 7:30 - the 580/680 area seems best.

We have suggestions for: chowtime.gif

On The Border
Outback
Taxi's
Chevy's

Any other ideas?
Who wants what?
Brad Roberts
On the Border is the only place big enough to accomodate more than 10 people.

James.. unlike Texas where you drive the wheels off your car to get anywhere.... bay area people tend to stick close by and not drive everywhere (Except Mueller and me)

We will end up with 8 people having it out in the 580/680 area (faster food service with less people...LOL)

Command decision: On the Border 580 area.. I'll get directions. I know its in the parking lot of the strip mall... and the actual address is worthless.

B
Brad Roberts
Ok.. here is the map.

See the Hacienda Xing running thru that complex ?? The food place is actually RIGHT in front of the movie theatre that is in the strip mall. The address will have you out in never never land...

The Hacienda exit is a major exit off of 580. Coming from San Jose you will want to take the exit and turn left at the first light to cross over the freeway. Then turn right into the strip mall with the theatre. Follow the tiny streets that run thru the strip mall. Look for the movie place and park. Walk like your going to the ticket counter of the theatre and start looking around. OTB will be across from the theatre on the corner of one of the buildings..

B
JWest
Cool Brad!

Sounds perfect! clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
This will help bring the Modesto people like Dan/Andrew/Scott and others.

I'll try to contact some of my Pleasanton/Dublin 914 guys'...

Bring on the ICE TEA.

B
Brad Roberts
Hey.. do you want CASH" when you arrive for the shifter ?? or just Paypal it too you like the original plan ??

B
JWest
Whatever, I don't care.
seanery
Cash costs less.
JWest
Oh yeah, I forgot about that - I want cash.
Brad Roberts
Cool.

I had one confirmation today for the dinner....(Mockmaw stopped by the shop)

B
Mockmaw
Yes, I'm in.
Jeffs9146
Sounds perfect to me!! I am in! lol

Jeff

PS: Its only 4 exits from my house!
JWest
Thanks for updating the title, too!
Brad Roberts
The dinner isnt/wasnt for me.. I'm starting to look like Jon Wats and Mueller.. I dont need to eat..lol

B
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 23 2003, 12:17 PM)
This will help bring the Modesto people like Dan/Andrew/Scott and others.

Count Scott from Modesto for the 'On the Border' dinner. chowtime.gif

Wed the 30th Wed the 30th Wed the 30th Wed the 30th
gotta remember that headbang.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 23 2003, 09:49 PM)
The dinner isnt/wasnt for me.. I'm starting to look like Jon Wats and Mueller.. I dont need to eat..lol

B

Brad, in case I forget to tell you at the dinner,
pissoff.gif finger.gif pissoff.gif finger.gif pissoff.gif finger.gif pissoff.gif

(how's that for a confirmation?)
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Jul 24 2003, 12:11 AM)
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 23 2003, 09:49 PM)

B

Brad, in case I forget to tell you at the dinner,
pissoff.gif finger.gif pissoff.gif finger.gif pissoff.gif finger.gif pissoff.gif

(how's that for a confirmation?)

Hey JW,
that was LOL funny.

Thank you. clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
I was just checking to see if he was awake/around.

We dont hear much from John.

B
Brad Roberts
Food this week..

B
bernbomb914
James if you are coming thru so cal and need assistance give me a call there are people around here that can give you a hand.

Bernie driving.gif
David_S
I can also help if you travel I-40 through Texas on your way back. Lemme know if you will be coming through Amarillo or Lubbock area and need anything. wink.gif
JWest
Thanks for the offers - hopefully I won't need anything!

I will be coming I-40. Do you think you guys could PM me your phone numbers just in case I do need them?

Thanks!
MartyYeoman
To all:
I think I have this right??
Dinner get together
On the Border in Dublin
7/30/03
7:30pm
Do I????
It will be great to have something in the Tri-Valley for once.
Marty
confused24.gif
JWest
Looks correct to me. See you there!
Mueller
The proper response to Bradhole is:

I may be fat, but you are ugly and I can diet... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.