Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum Hose Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
I am chasing some idle issues, and figure it would be a good idea to just cross off all vacuum lines from the potential cause list, since they are all 20+ years old anyway.
If nobody else offers a kit, does anyone have a list of the sizes I need to order?
Thanks
StarBear
QUOTE(SteveL @ Jun 23 2021, 05:29 PM) *

I am chasing some idle issues, and figure it would be a good idea to just cross off all vacuum lines from the potential cause list, since they are all 20+ years old anyway.
If nobody else offers a kit, does anyone have a list of the sizes I need to order?
Thanks

There is a diagram and list on Jeff bowlsby’s site specific to the 1.8 LJet. It’s different than the others. Also a thread a few weeks ago in Originality Forum, Vaccuum Hoses, with lots of info, including which lines were originally green.
wonkipop
QUOTE(SteveL @ Jun 23 2021, 03:29 PM) *

Thanks

you will find there are one or two hoses you can't get.
this may apply to AA kits as well.

One is the line from crankcase ventilation valve to the intake tube from aircleaner.
there is another tricky little one from the aux air valve to the intake plenum.
If your AAV hose is still reasonable I'd leave it on, this hose can collapse when its replaced with a new line, the original was i believe preformed, very short but pre-bent.
i've ended up leaving the original cv hose and aav hose on, both were still ok and sealing, and now 47 years old.

a tip is to check your throttle body gasket. that can go hard and cause air leaks i found and a source of some idling issues in mine - it was sealing tight when the engine was cold but as things warmed up with thermal expansion it started to leak. 914 rubber have that one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.