Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chromoly pushrod clarification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
So the latest chapter on my shop-botched engine rebuild is that I found more leaks from more pipe threads that replaced the freeze plugs. Something that both the machinist and the engine builder completely failed to notice.

While taking things apart to get to the pipe fittings I discovered that the builder installed my provided chromoly pushrods (push rods? (sp?)) but failed to install the 911 swivel foot adjusters.

The engine is an EA code 1.7 liter from 1973 w/rebuilt heads that have stainless valves. It's a 1911 now with a Webcam 86.

Is this a problem? Chromoly pushrods with stock adjusters? Or should I dive in there and swap out the adjusters?

Thanks!
Mark Henry
Swap them, the main reason for adjusters is stainless steel valves don't have hardened tips (or as hard) and they tend to mushroom over time.
r3dplanet
I'll swap them today. Thanks!
rfinegan
Have your rockers been modified for the installation of the 911 swivel adjusters? They are not just a drop in and go...

Best
-Robert
euro911
1.7L rockers modified for the 911 swivel feet, then the geometry needs to be determined before the push rod ends are cut to size
r3dplanet
Thank you fellas.

It's all been so long since the initial machine work was done I just don't remember any more. I remember it came up but foggy now. Anyone have a write up on what modified rockers should look like? Photo?

-m.
warpig
Just had mine done and they are still sitting on my desk. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
r3dplanet
Neat. Who did the work?

QUOTE(warpig @ Jul 18 2021, 10:13 PM) *

Just had mine done and they are still sitting on my desk. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

warpig
Got them done by a guy over on the Samba. bugguy1967
I will PM you his #
Mark Henry
When done you may have to shorten the PR's, don't panic, a good machinist can chuck them in a lathe and undercut the tubes. Then hammer the tips in and you're good to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.