Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laying out Tranny Cooler and Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xitspd
Thanks... ohmy.gif
SpecialK
Very nice..........but what's your plan for airflow to the cooler?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Jul 24 2005, 04:01 PM)

how are you going to duct it?

wevo'd 915 i assume????
Mueller
he might not need additional ducting......the cooler should work as is....more air will just be icing on top....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 24 2005, 05:18 PM)
he might not need additional ducting......the cooler should work as is....more air will just be icing on top....

until his trunk air temperature has reached equilibrium with the heat output of the trans cooler.....

xitspd
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 24 2005, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Jul 24 2005, 04:01 PM)

how are you going to duct it?

wevo'd 915 i assume????

I am going to remove the two factory ports in the rear of the trunk or cut two holes in the panel adjacent to the keyed lock for ducting the hot air. It is a huge cooler! I am running a trick 901 with short gears, spray bar and LSD. In addition I am using billet intermediate and side plates. If is does not hold up, (paging joe o'brien)I have mag and alum 915's.
john rogers
Here's a couple of my install. The air inlet for the ducting is at the front of the right hand rear flare and uses a NACA duct and the hose runs over the top of the rear wheel. There is an air deflector under the cooler to help air get out. The pump is switched and has a light to remind me it is running. I use a filter to grab the small stuff since the suction is in the drain plug where the magnet used to be. I have a outlet tee and one outlet goes over the ring/pinion and the other one over the gear set. We use about a gallon of lube now and have had no problems.
john rogers
Another one, I now use the black neopreme ducting hose now, the aluminum was for fitup.
xitspd
QUOTE (john rogers @ Jul 24 2005, 08:10 PM)
Another one, I now use the black neopreme ducting hose now, the aluminum was for fitup.

Thanks John! Now you have my brain working. Good job, I appreciate the pictures and information.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.