Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incredible 914-V8 build for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gatornapper
914 family -

I know this car in and out as I'd like to buy it but don't have the available funds. It's about 45 min. from me & I looked at it last week.

It is an incredible build in every detail, everything top notch and well-designed. I was blown away by the attention to detail and engineering as I went all over the car, two times in 3 years - last time underneath it on a lift.

Example: cooling lines from front to rear underneath are heavy steel, not rubber.

Car is like a new car throughout. Rode in it - it's solid like made of one solid block of steel. Chevy V8 is installed so well it looks like it was made to be there. Frame & suspension modified for the V8. Late model Boxster 6-speed tranny. Body is almost flawless, rotisserie paint like new.

I cannot imagine a V8 914 being any better.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2933299

No idea what such a build is worth - but quality and design of this one are tops. I'm 76 and have been a car guy since 16.

No, I'm not on commission to sell the car. But I'd buy it if I had the liquid funds.

GN
mepstein
Looks nice but I’m can’t get past the flairs. Just not my cup of tea.
nditiz1
I have never ridden in a v8 914, but I bet it's a blast. The one thing about all the conversions I see that I don't like is cutting the frunk for cooling. Is there no better way that makes it look more like a sleeper and possibly have a GT style front cooler to get the job done?
76-914
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 25 2021, 07:14 PM) *

I have never ridden in a v8 914, but I bet it's a blast. The one thing about all the conversions I see that I don't like is cutting the frunk for cooling. Is there no better way that makes it look more like a sleeper and possibly have a GT style front cooler to get the job done?

There is a way and we're doing exactly that. The GT opening is large enough to cool the Subaru 6 with AC too!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
25k? A no brainer if that's your path. Roll. I could live with those flairs. Paint prob cost that. I gotta get a roof. Sweet timing.
nditiz1
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 25 2021, 09:52 PM) *

There is a way and we're doing exactly that. The GT opening is large enough to cool the Subaru 6 with AC too!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Very clean looking.
Andyrew
I agree, its priced very well. No brainer car for someone who wants a v8. The fuel injection and Boxster 6 speed put this in a "Bargain" category, along with what appears to be a really well done fit and finish.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Gatornapper
No question this is a better design for cooling.

The Green Machine above just needs a new hood and to do this cooling set-up.

If you don't like the hole in the frunk lid - which I don't.

GN

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 25 2021, 10:52 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.