Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green wire purpose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
Hi
I have a green wire coming off the wiring loom under the battery tray
Could some one let me know what this is for please Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Its actually a green/black stripe wire. It is the connection point on th main harness for an optional oil temp sensor at the bottom of the engine case, which feeds a signal to the optional oil temp gauge in the center console of 1973-76 cars.
dt4
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 31 2021, 05:17 PM) *

Its actually a green/black stripe wire. It is the connection point on th main harness for an optional oil temp sensor at the bottom of the engine case, which feeds a signal to the optional oil temp gauge in the center console of 1973-76 cars.

marvellous, thanks Jeff, I have the loose end of a wire coming off the oil temperature sensor and the gauge in the centre console
I'll connect the 2 and see how it goes

914Sixer
Probably disconnected because the wire from the sender to the plug is bad causing bad oil temp reading. Jeff sells replacement wire that is encased to prevent problem.
930cabman
QUOTE(dt4 @ Jul 31 2021, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 31 2021, 05:17 PM) *

marvellous, thanks Jeff, I have the loose end of a wire coming off the oil temperature sensor and the gauge in the centre console
I'll connect the 2 and see how it goes

Did connecting the dots get your oil temp gauge working?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.