Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauging Interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Hi everyone,

Realized I needed to create these for my car, any interest in these on the site? Plan to have a whole kit including the dash panels, clam-shell, etc.

bye1.gif

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Sweet
jim_hoyland
Nice work smile.gif
mb911
More info please
RiqueMar
Testing these last night, few minor adjustments. I should have an ABS model this evening, and first pieces in 7-10 days. Elaborating on the design, I plan to have different models and the ability to customize; With / without radio or blower controls, glovebox, ability to use with later-dash(s), etc.

Simultaneously, will be pulling a mold of the 914-6 clamshell / trim-pieces and, maybe, the lower dash-pad.

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
What is the thickness of the abs plastic? Original metal is very thin and escutcheon is not very long. Thinking there is a market for standard 914 dash both early and late.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 4 2021, 12:34 PM) *

What is the thickness of the abs plastic? Original metal is very thin and escutcheon is not very long. Thinking there is a market for standard 914 dash both early and late.

@914sixer - final pieces will definitely be in metal. For now, ABS is just the next step
Montreal914
I haven't worked on the dash of my car as it is reasonably good looking. That beeing said, I am interested in what you are working on and trying to understand your offer.

If I get this right, there is an extra layer that seems to be double faced taped to the dash structure as we can see in the borrowed pictures online.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You are then offering that face layer that gets the vinyl, and you could offer to customize it, for example having a 52mm opening for fuel gauge? idea.gif
PCH
I'd be interested in a brushed aluminum dash panel for an early (1971) 4 cylinder.

It looks like that could be accomplished by deleting the hole for the ignition and deleting the hole closest to the right of the steering column.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 4 2021, 04:39 PM) *

I haven't worked on the dash of my car as it is reasonably good looking. That beeing said, I am interested in what you are working on and trying to understand your offer.

If I get this right, there is an extra layer that seems to be double faced taped to the dash structure as we can see in the borrowed pictures online.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

You are then offering that face layer that gets the vinyl, and you could offer to customize it, for example having a 52mm opening for fuel gauge? idea.gif

@Montreal914 - Yep, all correct smash.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(PCH @ Aug 4 2021, 04:46 PM) *

I'd be interested in a brushed aluminum dash panel for an early (1971) 4 cylinder.

It looks like that could be accomplished by deleting the hole for the ignition and deleting the hole closest to the right of the steering column.

@PCH - Yep! Typically, the holes are there on the dash panels, just not visible because the vinyl covers over it. Check out this great video from Ian Karr, around the 19-minute mark, he talks about this > Video Here - Ian Karr: Porsche 914 - How to Restore the Dashboard
porbmw
well, my 6 is missing the metal...am definitely interested beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have duplicates of the originals on the shelf in steel
Spocknasty
I'm interested if the panel is aluminum
RiqueMar

Hi All - thanks for the nice comments. Looking at it, believe I’ll be offering these in all Aluminum and ready for the first-orders next-week!

For those looking for custom applications, shoot me a PM and let’s figure out how to ‘make it happen’. bye1.gif
RiqueMar
Happy to say that I finished the final test-piece last night, and first units are in production. Currently, all pieces are laser cut .080 Aluminum, and I'll be offering these initially for $150.00 - shipped. From my research, believe this price to be pretty competitive, as what I could find was at or over the $300 mark.

For those looking for 914 dash-plates, either somewhat 'stock' or with modifications (Holes, No-holes Radio delete, etc.) post here or send me a PM or email, enrique@914seis.com

I'm heading to Werks Reunion Thursday-Friday (anyone want to meet up?), so I hope to get a few pictures of the finished item this weekend or early-next week.

bye1.gif
RiqueMar
First units DONE! Very proud of how these turned out!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Very nice! beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
Test-fit these, and the fit is perfect. Almost a shame to put the dash-face vinyl over them, they would look great with a deeper-brush finish on the Aluminum.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Spocknasty
Any chance you're still producing these?

-Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.