Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windsheild Trim Clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
'74, 2.0

All,

I am at the end of the restoration - adjusted the clutch cable yesterday and the nut on the 180-wheel was missing! Yikes - put a new nut with a wavy lock washer WITH some lock tight.........does anyone else think it is weird to have that wheel out in the wild without a cover?

HOWEVER, that is not my problem today.

I put the new trim on the windshield and on the passenger lower corner the three clips (two on the bottom and one on the vertical will not click in. Not sure what to do. If I press really hard it seems that one of them starts to seat and then the clip does not hold.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

So I am at the cross roads, remove the winshield and new clips OR get out the Two-Part and piss someone off in the future........... confused24.gif
Mikey914
Where you are at, I'd use a little urethane in the corners to hold it down. You can take it apart and re do it any time. Now is the time to drive the car. It's almost the same amount of work either way. Why not do it in the winter?
ctc911ctc
OK,

I played with this for a few hours. My take is that these clips are work fine if the windshield is a preset distance from the seat of the windshield ledge.

Nearly the entire car is original but it seems that the windshield has been replaced (no V-dub marks) and the lower right seems to have too much distance for the trim to catch the clips.

Any advice as to the amount of goop the windshield guy should use? How do we get this right? Is Bertyl (sp) tape still made?

Thank you,
CTC911CTC
930cabman
Recently I changed out the original windshield on our '75 model. I have been in the glass business (custom windows and restoration for many years), but decided to give the job to a local old school auto glass guy. In a couple hours and less than $400. the job was done. Perfect.
zig-n-zag
Try pre-assembling all the windshield trim before snapping it in place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.