Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hose clamp tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
We all probably tried squash ueezing a wire clamp with pliers and POOF -it’s flying…
Thanks to Bruce Stone; I ordered the Klein D514-8 slip joint hose clamp plier from
McMaster/Carr
Works great on all sizes of wire hose clamps
jrmdir
A little Googling produced this:

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/threads...ckwards.274576/

Apparently no one uses those types of clamps any more and the special pliers are only found on used tool websites. Model # is WF 45391. Do a search if you'd like to pick one up.

Ron
bdstone914
Mc Master Carr has several types. Or cut a groove in a pair of plyers
nivekdodge
https://www.medcoonlinewarehouse.com/Cable-...rs-P172965.aspx

See if that works
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 15 2021, 01:34 PM) *

Mc Master Carr has several types. Or cut a groove in a pair of plyers

Thanks Bruce. That’s the one. Their web page shows it gripping a wire hose clamp… smile.gif
PanelBilly
Harbor freight has one
bzettner
Find an old pair of conventional pliers and grind a groove in each face of the jaws. Or go fancy and modify a pair of channel lock pliers to give you a wider range of clamping ability. beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
I have a set of those Craftsman pliers and to be honest, they don't work that well on those hose clamps. I wish I knew what did, they are a PITS
914Sixer
Water pump hose clamp pliers
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 15 2021, 03:47 PM) *

Harbor freight has one

My local HF didn’t carry them. Went ahead and ordered the McMaster-Carr’s Bruce mentionef
jim_hoyland
Updated first post after receiving the tool.,.
930cabman
Mc Master Carr is a great resource for many items, including Schnorr washers. Place your order before noon, often its at your your shop the next day.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(930cabman @ Sep 30 2021, 03:21 PM) *

Mc Master Carr is a great resource for many items, including Schnorr washers. Place your order before noon, often its at your your shop the next day.

And their customer service is excellent. I sent a message Sunday morning inquiring when my order would arrive.
An hour later I received a response ! No automated response, a real human wrote back.
L-Jet914
I wish I knew these existed a few weeks ago when I was replacing my drain hoses in the engine compartment haha. I will definitely be picking up a set. I some how got regular pliers to work with a lot of expletives somewhere in there.
930cabman
QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Sep 30 2021, 10:54 PM) *

I wish I knew these existed a few weeks ago when I was replacing my drain hoses in the engine compartment haha. I will definitely be picking up a set. I some how got regular pliers to work with a lot of expletives somewhere in there.

There is a "correct tool" for almost any job, finding it can sometimes be a challenge
toolguy
Try Upholstery hog ring pliers
L-Jet914
While at work last Friday, I talked with the local Snap-On tool guy. I found out they make pliers for those constant tension hose clamps. He happened to have it on the truck too surprisingly. Part number HCP48CF.
Shivers
Click to view attachment

Even my old set of gillers will get the job done. Might have paid 5.00 for them used
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.