Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 W/ COA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
roblav1
This is Stephan's car. Just had it soda / media blasted yesterday. It's more of a project than what I'm willing to take on in the short term. Don't have a lot of time right now to create a better advert here because it's all bare steel, and it needs prep and painted. I'm about to spray DPLF epoxy white on the painted components and black on the typical black parts. I'm letting it go now because there's not many left and it should be done right.

This car is complete and has boxes and boxes of original and additional parts. My trailer is full. Car is sitting in a rotisserie.

Structurally extremely solid. Rockers, both hell holes, firewall, suspension consoles are excellent. There's a few rust spots on the pan, the pedal support steel (bought one new) and some on the body. The rear trunk floor should have the rear portion replaced. Rotisserie rear is attached to the transmission mounts to perform this.

Extra dashboards (one with no crack), rear bumper and valence here, a couple of original air cleaners, extra hoods, trunk lids, engine lids, aluminum trim, 2 windshields. Etc... Everything is here to build up a really nice car.

I have my 1973 3.0 GT build to finish first, so I really need to let this go.

I need $43K. No haggle. In Somerset, KY. First person with funds and a trailer to pick it up gets it.

There's also 5 15x6 Flat Fuchs available for an additional $2K.

Hope you're all enjoying Okteenerfest!

Rob
Sea Rooster
Engine and tranny included? Condition of both?
roblav1
Mileage is 59251. Title / Bill of sale is notarized at that mileage. Yes, original engine and transaxle. Previous owner's father rebuilt the engine but never timed the cams or installed it. Transmission is very clean looking, but I've not taken it apart to inspect. I just put Ospho on the chassis yesterday and prepping for fab/ welding.
roblav1
Here's the car just before it went in the rotisserie.
eyeguy
interested , and not to far from you in tennessee. Is there a number where I can contact you?
roblav1
Thanks Eyeguy. I'll PM you with my number.

Here's a few pictures of the bottom of the chassis and firewall. Given what I've often seen (and worked) in 914's and early 911/912's, I don't think this is too bad at all.

I took those pictures at 5:00 PM today (you can see my clock!). Black specs on front pan are rubber specs that didn't come off. Firewall is perfect, both upper and lower. Main pan has a lovely riveted patch on passenger side, the pedal support area needs some fab and welding, and both front donut areas need some attention... and a few pinholes here and there that look like relatively simple filling with steel wire and a TiG. Some other areas topside need some attention, and the rear trunk floor needs some fairly major help. This is a very structurally sound car.

I have a few other pictures if anyone needs them.

To be clear, I've wanted one of these since I was young, and I'm certainly capable of finishing it. But I just sold the house, and there's enough other stuff to move...

Unless someone wants my almost finished Bahia Red GT w/ Euro Carrera 3.0 done right! I just don't want to be working on and moving two cars with everything else going on.
roblav1
Due to the overwhelming response and the federal contractor vax Executive Order, I will keep this car and finish. I need something fun to do while unemployed!

I've thought about doing fabwork and welding old Porsches as sidework. We'll see where this goes.
roblav1
It seems I'm not yet destined to retire and stay home working on old Porsches. So this -6 is back on the market again. Apologies for any inconveniences or holdups.

If packaged well, everything might fit in a 24 foot enclosed trailer. A lot of 914 extras come with the car... windshields, body panels, trim, lights, small stuff. Calipers and brake proportion valve done by PMB. I spent a couple days tigging new steel on the lower passenger side. I estimate 3-4 more full days of metalwork on the tub. In my experience with old non-zinc coated Porsches, this tub is pretty good.
roblav1
I have a verbal agreement on this car.
roblav1
This car is sold. Thanks for all the inquiries.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.