Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center Console Cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
Changing my race car into part time street use. Re-doing the interior but want to keep it fairly sparse and business like.

Has anyone ever fabricated either an aluminum cover or maybe a fiberglass cover for the center tunnel? I want add as little carpet as possible. Seeing some of the Stinger 911 cars with a fiberglass center running the length of the tunnel gave me ideas.

If no one has ever tried this, I will start getting quotes, just didnt want to duplicate someone elses efforts.

tygaboy
Same sort of idea, just over a custom base. I removed the factory tunnel and made a 1.5" x 1" steel frame that's then covered with a removable steel cover. I used 18 ga for the cover, probably should have used 20, just for the weight savings. I'm thinking of pulling a mold of the cover and duplicating it in fiberglass or carbon fiber.
Cracker
Are you meaning "Singer 911"? If so, your best bet would be to study the myriad of designs that Tygaboy built - all for the same project, too! biggrin.gif

His thoughtful insight goes beyond anything Singer puts out (jmho)...

Good luck!
RFoulds
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 5 2021, 06:39 AM) *

Same sort of idea, just over a custom base. I removed the factory tunnel and made a 1.5" x 1" steel frame that's then covered with a removable steel cover. I used 18 ga for the cover, probably should have used 20, just for the weight savings. I'm thinking of pulling a mold of the cover and duplicating it in fiberglass or carbon fiber.

YES! thats exactly what I am after. For Gawd's sake, pull a mold and sell that in FG!!

OR, make me the same metal one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.