Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 LS Boxster Pics/Info
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Good afternoon,
Was wondering if I could get info and pictures on peoples setups with their boxster s transmissions with the LS motor. Did you use the stock 6 speed Boxster shifter and cables. If so, did you created a pedestal to raise its height (Pics please). If not, what shifter did you use? Did you use a stock pedal cluster? Is there an aftermarket pedal cluster that could be set up for a hydraulic clutch and throttle cable that you have used? I have most everything but the tranny Mount and engine Mount bar. Any input and pics are appreciated.

Brett
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gearup @ Oct 10 2021, 02:48 PM) *

Good afternoon,
Was wondering if I could get info and pictures on peoples setups with their boxster s transmissions with the LS motor. Did you use the stock 6 speed Boxster shifter and cables. If so, did you created a pedestal to raise its height (Pics please). If not, what shifter did you use? Did you use a stock pedal cluster? Is there an aftermarket pedal cluster that could be set up for a hydraulic clutch and throttle cable that you have used? I have most everything but the tranny Mount and engine Mount bar. Any input and pics are appreciated.

Brett

I don't have an LS engine in my car, but I have a Cayman 6 speed G86-21 in it.

Info on my build isHere. The page has the shifter info in it.

There are also pictures of how I hooked up the hydraulic clutch master cylinder in the thread.

Clay
tygaboy
LS3 and Boxster S G86-20. I'm running the Numeric shifter on a custom riser that then gets a cover. Numeric cables, too. Stock length.

I'm going to be selling my Renegade transmission mount set up and probably the engine cross bar. PM me if you'd like to talk details.

Re: the pedals, I'm running the Tilton 600 series 3-pedal. I used to run a cable to my ITBs but I'm switching to DBW throttle body.
partwerks
I used the stock pedal, and made a bracket for the slave cylinder.
Used the stock shifter, but put some goodies in it from fuction first.
Mechanic put it up on stilts. Would rather it was sitting back a bit further, but can't shrink the cables.
On the foot feed, I used part of the new, and part of the old system. Used the old pedal with linkage that hooked up to the DBW that was mounted vertically on the front wall.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gearup
Thanks guys. Appreciate any and all input.
Brett
windforfun
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 10 2021, 05:46 PM) *

LS3 and Boxster S G86-20. I'm running the Numeric shifter on a custom riser that then gets a cover. Numeric cables, too. Stock length.

I'm going to be selling my Renegade transmission mount set up and probably the engine cross bar. PM me if you'd like to talk details.

Re: the pedals, I'm running the Tilton 600 series 3-pedal. I used to run a cable to my ITBs but I'm switching to DBW throttle body.

Gotta love it. You're an artist!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.