Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick shout out to Sierra Madre Collection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
I bought a windshield from them yesterday and unfortunately during installation it cracked. Kind of a dicey situation to assign responsibility for, I personally believe that the windshield was defective, but I don’t know that for sure and Sierra Madre hasn’t had issues with any of the other said they sold.

I gave him a ring this morning and they have been extremely responsive and helpful, and very fair and working with me to get this taken care of. I’ve had a chance to meet a couple of people up here and her genuine enthusiast that want to have happy customers.

Anyway, seemed worth giving them a call out to because so often we find things to complain about but don’t always complement businesses that do right by us.

dhuckabay
Have also had very good luck with them. Came up with the info for brake rebuild on some odd ball calipers that no one else was able to get. Shipment times have always been good.
76-914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Oct 12 2021, 02:43 PM) *

I bought a windshield from them yesterday and unfortunately during installation it cracked. Kind of a dicey situation to assign responsibility for, I personally believe that the windshield was defective, but I don’t know that for sure and Sierra Madre hasn’t had issues with any of the other said they sold.

I gave him a ring this morning and they have been extremely responsive and helpful, and very fair and working with me to get this taken care of. I’ve had a chance to meet a couple of people up here and her genuine enthusiast that want to have happy customers.

Anyway, seemed worth giving them a call out to because so often we find things to complain about but don’t always complement businesses that do right by us.

Check for rough edges on the new one and stand it on a long edge only. GL with #2. beerchug.gif
Tdskip
Thank you, I will be super careful with this one. The weird thing, and this is what has me thinking it was just a manufacturing defect, is that we didn’t actually try to fully install it, it was just being played in place gently and loose fitted when it cracked. The crack went all the way through from one side to the middle and then branched out from there, which is nothing I’ve seen happened before. Weird.

In any case I have a replacement in hand and it will be installed on Friday.
930cabman
I have been a glazier for most of my 50+ working years and recently took my 914 to a local auto glass guy. Less than $400. later and a few hours she was good as new.

Glass breaks, easy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.