Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quickjack has arrived
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
After many years of struggling with jacks and stands, I purchased a Quickjack 5000 SLX. Despite Fed Ex's attempts to destroy my new toy, it went together well and works fine. It hits the jack points easily, it comes with a few rubber blocks of different heights to contact the frame. I'm looking to use it to pull the motor and trans, the lift height looks adequate for this. Costco has them on sale now, online only. $100 off for the one I picked out. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Olympic 914
You are going to Love it.
Justinp71
I have had one for a little while now, they are handy. I feel like its similar work to a floor jack if you just had to get half of the car up for say like adjusting the clutch. My car is so low it takes me a bit to get the quick jack where I want it. For my track car it is great because it stores under that better and its really easy to see the jack points. It's also is a must on my audi because they don't have many jack points. They also take up minimal space so that is a big plus for me.
BillJ
I just got one as well and cant wait to use it on the race car. Plan to change the oil on the diesel cayenne this weekend too with it.
L-Jet914
Congrats on the new QuickJack. I purchased the 7000SLX from Costco when they had a $300 off promo which included the light truck/suv lift adapters and wall hangers as a package as I work on other vehicles beside the 914 occasionally so I wanted the flexibility for vehicle weight. Setup was easy. I used some transmission fluid I had on hand from work, and teflon tape instead of the liquid stuff they sent.
Robarabian
Hey as a point of safety, there should be two other pieces in the box that extend outward from each quickjack. They are meant to stabilize the system in case it rocks. You should never use the system without those items in place.

It can tip over on you and kill you. You're in CA like me.. the earth quakes and shakes at odd times...
wes
Very handy! I hung mine on the wall and it takes no space. My only regret is I didn’t buy it before the restoration.
BillJ
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 28 2021, 11:04 PM) *

Hey as a point of safety, there should be two other pieces in the box that extend outward from each quickjack. They are meant to stabilize the system in case it rocks. You should never use the system without those items in place.

It can tip over on you and kill you. You're in CA like me.. the earth quakes and shakes at odd times...

What two pieces do you mean? I received two handles meant to be used in moving the jacks but no additional stabilizers...
914Mels
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 28 2021, 08:04 PM) *

The sheet that lists all the parts doesn't mention anything about extra supports. The only loose parts are the drag handles to position them.
Van B
Bought mine over a year ago and there was no stabilizer accessory. I think they just make the quick jacks wider.
One recommendation I would make is to order some race ramp wheel cribs and some of the metal high lift attachments for the quick jack. The high lift made dropping the transmission from my 996 possible. Other wise the combined height of the harbor freight transmission jack and the bell housing would've been too much.
The wheel cribs are awesome if your car will be in the air for extended time. you can set if on the 12" wheel cribs and move the quickjacks out of the way. Then you can slide under the car from the side rather than just front and rear.
wes
QUOTE(914Mels @ Oct 29 2021, 09:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 28 2021, 08:04 PM) *

The sheet that lists all the parts doesn't mention anything about extra supports. The only loose parts are the drag handles to position them.

I’ve never heard of this support and definitely didn’t receive them with mine ether.
914Mels
QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 29 2021, 09:34 AM) *

Bought mine over a year ago and there was no stabilizer accessory. I think they just make the quick jacks wider.
One recommendation I would make is to order some race ramp wheel cribs and some of the metal high lift attachments for the quick jack. The high lift made dropping the transmission from my 996 possible. Other wise the combined height of the harbor freight transmission jack and the bell housing would've been too much.
The wheel cribs are awesome if your car will be in the air for extended time. you can set if on the 12" wheel cribs and move the quickjacks out of the way. Then you can slide under the car from the side rather than just front and rear.

Can you post a picture of the cribs and high lift attachments? Thanks.
914Mels
Nice!
Van B
I bought two of the 2-piece and two of the 1-piece wheel cribs because my 996 is too low to start with the high lift adapters. Haven’t tried with my 914 yet, but maybe it will be high enough.
If so, then it could save you some $$ in getting to max altitude.
914Mels
QUOTE(Van B @ Oct 29 2021, 08:32 PM) *

I bought two of the 2-piece and two of the 1-piece wheel cribs because my 996 is too low to start with the high lift adapters. Haven’t tried with my 914 yet, but maybe it will be high enough.
If so, then it could save you some $$ in getting to max altitude.

Thanks for the info.
BillJ
QUOTE(BillJ @ Oct 29 2021, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Oct 28 2021, 11:04 PM) *

What two pieces do you mean? I received two handles meant to be used in moving the jacks but no additional stabilizers...

@Robarabian
jcd914
I was on the fence and this thread prompted me to look a little closer.
Reading through reviews and their site no stability issues if set up correctly.
I watched their set up video, no mention of a stabilizer, maybe older design.

I just ordered TL 5000 Quickjack yesterday.
I also got a 15% discount code from BendPak for the SEMA show and it saved me about $250.

Jim

Disclaimer:
I have no financial interest BendPak just passing on a discount.

Through one of their website use code at checkout: SEMA2021
The code expires on 11/13/2021.

Click to view attachment

The Double S
QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Oct 28 2021, 04:37 PM) *

Congrats on the new QuickJack. I purchased the 7000SLX from Costco when they had a $300 off promo which included the light truck/suv lift adapters and wall hangers as a package as I work on other vehicles beside the 914 occasionally so I wanted the flexibility for vehicle weight. Setup was easy. I used some transmission fluid I had on hand from work, and teflon tape instead of the liquid stuff they sent.

Did the same. I didn't regret purchasing from Costco because your able to return them easily in store if there is an issue.

Heads up to anyone looking to purchase...They just came out with models that can lift 3" higher.
914Mels
It got it's first tryout a couple days ago. Engine and transaxle dropped out nicely, felt very secure. I wish I'd gotten them before. Once the alternator, oil leaks, clutch get handled, on to front control arm bushings.
ctc911ctc
Love mine - going to put the car back on it after Thanksgiving and change tires and buff wheels

QUOTE(914Mels @ Oct 28 2021, 05:51 PM) *

After many years of struggling with jacks and stands, I purchased a Quickjack 5000 SLX. Despite Fed Ex's attempts to destroy my new toy, it went together well and works fine. It hits the jack points easily, it comes with a few rubber blocks of different heights to contact the frame. I'm looking to use it to pull the motor and trans, the lift height looks adequate for this. Costco has them on sale now, online only. $100 off for the one I picked out. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.