Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a new project...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
well mr. Jimmy Doofus Wong, the PO decided he wanted to put racing harnesses in the car....drilled holes thru the floor pans.....(never installed the harnesses!)

so being a masochist (let the work keep on piling up plz) i need to patch them....and do the POR 15 while in there. so- do i have my buddy weld some metal in there? or just epoxy some crap over the hole?
SirAndy
argh, no epoxy, pleazzze ...

how big are the holes?

just install a harness smile.gif

fresh air vents?

rain water drain?

ashtray/cigarette disposal?
Aaron Cox
1/2 an inch diameter..... what is the best way to take the tar paper stuff off? heat gun? brake cleaner? blink.gif
SirAndy
heat gun ...

warm it up (not too much, you don't want it floating around), then just scrape it off, it comes off in big chuncks.

then, if you want, use brake cleaner to clean up the glue leftovers ...

Andy
Lawrence
How about some rubber plugs, in case you DO later decide for a harness. A bit of black RTV, and they'll be water-tight.

-Rusty smoke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
agree.gif with rusty
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jul 23 2003, 05:28 AM)
How about some rubber plugs, in case you DO later decide for a harness. A bit of black RTV, and they'll be water-tight.

-Rusty smoke.gif

i dont think ill ever need harnesses....i wanna do it right and do it ONCE. i need to install carpet and a console, so i never want to see the floor pans from the inside again. so, rubber plugs are not the long term solution
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 23 2003, 08:52 PM)
i dont think ill ever need harnesses....i wanna do it right and do it ONCE. i need to install carpet and a console, so i never want to see the floor pans from the inside again. so, rubber plugs are not the long term solution

then weld em up ...
Aaron Cox
will the undercoatin burn off from the heat if the welder
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 23 2003, 09:01 PM)
will the undercoatin burn off from the heat if the welder

yepp, undercoating and sound-proof tar stuff WILL burn ...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.