Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question On Bilstein Front Shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I have a pair I took off the NOLA parts car. They moved up and down fine on car. Got them out and did compression test. They only go down about 3/4 of the way. About 4 " does not compress. Been so long since I played with these shocks, not sure IF that is correct. I am going to put them up for sale IF good.
ctc911ctc
I am in the midst of changing mine - which way do we go?
Steve
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 10 2021, 12:55 PM) *

I have a pair I took off the NOLA parts car. They moved up and down fine on car. Got them out and did compression test. They only go down about 3/4 of the way. About 4 " does not compress. Been so long since I played with these shocks, not sure IF that is correct. I am going to put them up for sale IF good.

My Bilsteins went bad and Patrick Motor sports show me how easy it was to push down on it, compared to a new one. However even the bad one went back up, just super easy to collapse it.
914Sixer
Let me try again. Shocks are working fine and pop right out They just do not collapse to the top.
Shivers
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 10 2021, 01:35 PM) *

Let me try again. Shocks are working fine and pop right out They just do not collapse to the top.

The B6 hd's I have, has a bump stop inside the strut at the bottom. You may have the same in those inserts
Van B
Sounds about like full range to me. Iā€™m sure 4ā€ on the shock or strut is 6ā€ or so at the wheel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.