Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With rising popularity, should 914s be kept stock?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
windforfun
It's whatever floats your boat (as a friend of mine likes to say).

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
FRUNKenstein
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 25 2021, 07:54 AM) *

I love these cars, stock or modified. Happy Holidays

Click to view attachment

That car is stunning. Similar to mine, but man, orange is a great color on these cars. Ravenna green is my favorite 914 color, but with GT flares, I think orange looks the best, bar none.

As for the thread topic, when adding flares and 5 lug hubs allows a car to come out like that, I shed no tears for the loss of originality.

Mine:

Click to view attachment
davehg
First time I drove a big six conversion, I was hooked. No way I could go back to stock. In my second build, I decided to get a bone stock appearance but sneak a twin plug 2.7 to create the ultimate sleeper.

Given the prices that the big six conversions are getting, it won’t harm collectibility.
914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 25 2021, 12:42 PM) *

If people complain to me about what I'm doing to my cars, I'm hanging out with the wrong group. I like stock, I like modified, but I don't like other people telling me what I should or shouldn't do.

agree.gif Mark. I'm a diehard survivor buff and not ashamed of it. Love keeping a car original and in amazing condition. But I drive them too....yes, far more minimally that some of you but I get to enjoy preserving as well as driving them. Just love preserving the history. A pic taken of Jim this fall before I put the car away (original owner of my car for 41 years). If you look closely you can see the green paint on the wheel lugs that he left on after the dealer recall of the Fuchs in 1973. No way I'm gonna remove it now.

With that said I love seeing cool restorations and am amazed at the skill that some of you have. I'm not a mechanic or body guy so I can offer my skills as a preservationist for me others to enjoy. It takes all types.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.