Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Father/Daughter Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
poorsche914
QUOTE(Van B @ Jan 5 2022, 02:35 PM) *
Spaces are a pain. I don’t know how to tag my own name properly lol…

Place the name in quotes AFTER the @
@Van B

driving.gif
Hollybrook
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jan 6 2022, 10:50 AM) *
Place the name in quotes AFTER the @
@Van B
Thanks!

I thought I tried that but perhaps I put the quote in front of the @. confused24.gif

/W
Van B
Well it worked because I came a runnin’ lol!
Thanks!
Type 47
QUOTE(Hollybrook @ Jan 3 2022, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Nov 29 2021, 06:00 PM) *
P.S. - pictures of the race car or it didn't happen! happy11.gif

I was looking back through this post and noticed you asked for a photo of my old race car, so here is one from the Washington DC Auto Show in 2004:

Click to view attachment

And this one is from Summit Point turn 5:

Click to view attachment

W

Welcome Wayne, You said "actually don't have a Porsche" but you have an intense relationship to a 914 and certainly belong contributing to this forum! Your also an SCCA racer, which is cool.

You not only have a relationship to a 914 but one that is kind of rare. What makes it rare is that it's basically and original car and still has ties to the original owner.

This car deserves to be restored to like new.

Problem is it would be an expensive investment but well worth it. The other issue is that you want to make it road worthy and give that 914 experience as a daily driver to your daughter. I've had a 914 since 1977 and had a couple that were daily drivers for quite a while that instilled the 914 spirit.

So here is the other issue...while it is a daily driver, it needs to be protected as when it is fully restored is valuable...more valuable than the restoration costs; and 914 prices continue to rise for nice cars.

It does have to have the major rust properly fixed before it goes on a jig. when I had the body work done on mine it was a rust free car.

Factor in with whatever you do is that there are very few original cars that exist, and you have one.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.