Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Owners Roll Call
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Maury4
Click to view attachment 2000 996 and 1974 914
anglophone1
Here’s my 73 2.0 914 rally car and my 78 911 hotrod with 84 3.2 race motor and lots of other tweaksClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mtn flyr
Click to view attachment
79 SC, not too stock...
Rleog

IPB Image

akp2002
I have had my 914 since 1977 and love it, but no 914 compares to a 911, sorry guys!
Click to view attachment
akp2002
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(akp2002 @ Dec 6 2021, 11:53 AM) *

first.gif
930cabman
Very nice looking collection/setup. Is that an Alfa Sprint Speciale?
carlsol
Yep, I own a 73 914 6 conversion and a 82 911 Targa.
Love 'em both.
Tdskip
(I have a couple, nice contrast in a familiar way from our 914s)
wonkipop
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 6 2021, 01:55 PM) *

first.gif

slightly OT
@akp2002 - an alfa romeo giuletta SS lurking there?
targa72e
Started with 911's. Like the simplicity of 914. Both are fun.

70 T Project
78 SC roller project (no pics)
91 964 (with 73 914-6 conversion)
2001 Turbo

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

john
TRS63
No 911 yet in my garage but I hope some day to get one next to the 914! After a lot of kilometers in it, love the way they drive!
ValcoOscar, I am in love with yours, what a beauty !

Antoine
Shivers
QUOTE(pencap914 @ Nov 30 2021, 03:17 PM) *

I sold a 996 to fund the 914 project, then got sucked back in because I missed the driving experience too much. It's truly an illness. A member on the rennlist forum recently posted a very quotable quote regarding the longevity of the infamous M9X engine hung out the back of the 996:

"If you spend more than 5 minutes on this forum you'll learn quickly that they are all time bombs and a proper PPI cost about $2500

so ignore this forum, do some due diligence and use your common sense. Regular maintenance and it should last several tens of miles before the inevitable $35,000 rebuild that can never be verified or confirmed."

Owning a 996 does feel a bit like playing a game of Russian Roulette after reading all the horror stories. I know the probability of a catastrophic failure of this engine is 100%. I just hope to get some enjoyment out of it before that happens.

There is a fix for this, when my brother bought his 996, I did the research. I had him read about the problem and the horrible result of not fixing it. He sent it to the shop, the cost is nothing compared to a rebuild.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Dec 5 2021, 09:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment
79 SC, not too stock...

That looks like my old SC, which was my first 911. '79 with headlight washers, no fogs, full leather, and Euro rear guards. Way more importantly, a fresh Bob Farmer-built 3.0 with 930 injectors and the best shifting 915 I ever tried. As I understood the story, it was being prepped in IN for club racing in a stock-ish class (hence the Farmer engine, AC delete, early 930 tail, fog delete/front spoiler, lighter rear guards, etc) when the owner decided it was too nice to race. Then she moved to CA.

It went through a lot of owners in just a few years (Kate > Josh > Johannes > me > Dan > Dwayne > dealer in Santa Rosa). Everyone bought it thinking it was the perfect SC driver and made tweaks but then quickly moved on. I was no different, installing an OE SSK, single-pipe muffler as it was my daily in downtown SF, AVSi tires, new brakes, a raised-hub Ruf steering wheel that was on the wall in Pfaffenhausen during a visit, and sand-cast Ruf pedals—but I was getting married and decided I could keep only one old Porsche.

Neat to see the car again, if it's the one. It deserved a longterm owner. As for me, I didn't know if I'd get another shot at a 911, but eventually did with a water-pumper that's a perfect yang to my 914's yin.
jagalyn
A Winter Slumber.

1988 G50 Cabriolet. All original paint...
Click to view attachment

1973 2.0 Liter, All original silver metallic paint with failed clear coat
Click to view attachment

1974 2.0 Liter 14,570 original miles, All original paint
Click to view attachment
moldygreg
1983 911sc Slate Blue

Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1983 3.5 twin-plug turbo beast...interesting contrast to the 914-6
mtn flyr
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Dec 7 2021, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Dec 5 2021, 09:51 PM) *

Click to view attachment
79 SC, not too stock...

That looks like my old SC, which was my first 911. '79 with headlight washers, no fogs, full leather, and Euro rear guards. Way more importantly, a fresh Bob Farmer-built 3.0 with 930 injectors and the best shifting 915 I ever tried. As I understood the story, it was being prepped in IN for club racing in a stock-ish class (hence the Farmer engine, AC delete, early 930 tail, fog delete/front spoiler, lighter rear guards, etc) when the owner decided it was too nice to race. Then she moved to CA.

It went through a lot of owners in just a few years (Kate > Josh > Johannes > me > Dan > Dwayne > dealer in Santa Rosa). Everyone bought it thinking it was the perfect SC driver and made tweaks but then quickly moved on. I was no different, installing an OE SSK, single-pipe muffler as it was my daily in downtown SF, AVSi tires, new brakes, a raised-hub Ruf steering wheel that was on the wall in Pfaffenhausen during a visit, and sand-cast Ruf pedals—but I was getting married and decided I could keep only one old Porsche.

Neat to see the car again, if it's the one. It deserved a longterm owner. As for me, I didn't know if I'd get another shot at a 911, but eventually did with a water-pumper that's a perfect yang to my 914's yin.

Yes, Pete this is your old car. It now has some Recaros, a Momo wheel and a sport muffler, but other than that same great car!
r_towle
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Dec 6 2021, 02:55 PM) *

first.gif

Nice collection.
DM me so we can meet in Massachusetts!

Rich
BK911
I have some 911 vin plates and a bunch of rust!!

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mtn flyr @ Dec 7 2021, 05:31 PM) *

Yes, Pete this is your old car. It now has some Recaros, a Momo wheel and a sport muffler, but other than that same great car!

Too cool. Enjoy, and hope to see it again one day! beerchug.gif
914_teener

I sold a 996 to fund the 914 project, then got sucked back in because I missed the driving experience too much. It's truly an illness. A member on the rennlist forum recently posted a very quotable quote regarding the longevity of the infamous M9X engine hung out the back of the 996:

"If you spend more than 5 minutes on this forum you'll learn quickly that they are all time bombs and a proper PPI cost about $2500

so ignore this forum, do some due diligence and use your common sense. Regular maintenance and it should last several tens of miles before the inevitable $35,000 rebuild that can never be verified or confirmed."

Owning a 996 does feel a bit like playing a game of Russian Roulette after reading all the horror stories. I know the probability of a catastrophic failure of this engine is 100%. I just hope to get some enjoyment out of it before that happens.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Not true the M96 properly maintained it a great motor. Do the IMS fix and enjoy....stay off the internet and drive your car.
914_teener

The boat caught my eye...details please!

Nice spectrum of a collection... first.gif
Jett
QUOTE(914_teener @ Dec 7 2021, 07:25 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Not true the M96 properly maintained it a great motor. Do the IMS fix and enjoy....stay off the internet and drive your car.

Agreed. Also important to note that the 996 TT Mezger engine does not have the IMS concern but owners (IMO) should “pin” the coolant tubes, which is not cheap.
r_towle
While I still have my 85 911 Cabriolet, I finally took the step up to a 2006 997 cabriolet….heated seats, REAL AC, and tunes.
Car is really comfy, but I find it hard to look cool getting out of it…age and well….age
raynekat
Just sold my 73 911E hotrod this past summer on BaT.
Had owned it about 35 years.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

It is being replaced by a 2022 Carrera 4S in paint-to-sample Oslo blue.
And likely another long hood in the not so distant future.
dhuckabay
QUOTE(FRUNKenstein @ Nov 29 2021, 10:18 PM) *

Looks like I have the sister. Just got it back from BBI, runs circles around the same year GT2
Rufus
‘67S … Canary yellow, sunroof … & 100l tank on Kardex but long gone. Not a very common build combo.

Click to view attachment
bob164
'99 996 with M0-30, LSD and sports seats. Lots of fun to drive.

Click to view attachment
jhynesrockmtn
My 996 C4S and my former, now my son's euro SC with a 3.2 that I used to own. The grey car is my 3rd 911 and my daily driver.

Click to view attachment
piscean914
a rare scene at my abode, "3 Porsche's Running"

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.