Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the best tool you ever acquired
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 3 2021, 04:11 PM) *

For a single tool that I've owned for a while, would be a floor jack.

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 3 2021, 03:46 PM) *

My two post lift. Best money I ever spent. No laying in the cat litter anymore.

agree.gif I would have been done years ago, I can't lay on the cold cement floor even though my shop has full heat.
Quinn Moore
Click to view attachment santa_smiley.gif
Superhawk996
I don't know which is the best tool I've ever acquired for sure.

I can't decide between my small 8x19" Jet lathe or my 1950's era South Bend vertical knee mill.

Click to view attachment

If I have to choose just one, it's the lathe. A lathe can be used to machine all the parts needed to reproduce itself or even a mill (possible in theory but very difficult in practice). So I guess I have to go with the lathe.

Click to view attachment

The lathe makes modification of screws, bolts, washers/spacers, etc., so simple that I simply can't imagine living without it after having it for the last 20 years or so.
ddire333
For my classic cars overall it has to be the automotive oscilloscope, snapon vantage pro - older unit but does the job and saves so much time on ignition problems

Click to view attachment

for the 914 has to be the electric needle sander

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I don't have pictures, and not my best tool, but about 20 years ago I got a set of Stahlwille metric screwdrivers. When I first got them, I thought the handles felt kind of cheap, but they've held up well. There's a difference between SAE and metric screwdrivers and these have been great. They have a hex section on the shank just below the handle that you can put a wrench on for more torque.
SKL1
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Dec 6 2021, 06:07 PM) *

My John Deere 5045E

IPB Image

Used for a thousand things on our 20 acres and maintaining our 1/2 mile drive (through neighbors property).

Also good once for lifting rear of 914 - as if it were a 2x4.........

But I think I'd give the impact driver a 2nd - but it's a long way from the tractor.......

GN

I don't think that picture was taken in Florida... or in gator country! Looks more Minnesota or my home state of Iowa...
Porschef
Great gun, although the fuel and fasteners are pricey
KELTY360
My antique Plumb war finish combination 1/2” speed wrench and breaker bar. Bought at estate sale over 30 years ago for $3.00. Great for running lug nuts in and tightening. Breaks loose impossible nuts easily. Has swivel head and rotating handle. It’s been a reliable answer to many situations.probably manufactured in mid-1940’s. Lives in the 914.

Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
Hehe he said toolClick to view attachment
90quattrocoupe
SirTools hub/bearing puller and install kit. I have used this on over 200 VAG hub carriers over the last 30 years.

Greg W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.