Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914 1.8L Project For Sale Price: $1500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
DennisO
Hi All,

I'll be moving across county and can't take this project with me, so I need to sell it. The car is 100% disassembled except for the suspension, as I planned to do a full restoration. The car rolls, so it can be trailered. The car is ~90-95% complete. I have a completely disassembled engine and only the transmission case (no trans internals) that go with the car. I think the engine and transmission case are matching numbers, but do not have the CoA to prove it. The car comes with boxes of parts that were removed during disassembly. The car does have some rust in the rear trunk and other small areas. The hell hole does have a little rust. The passenger side jack post will need replacement. The driver-side front corner fender was replaced in the past (see pictures). I would not be selling this if I wasn't moving. If you're intersted in pictures of specific areas of the car, then PM me and I can send.

Parts known to be missing: front windshield, front air dam/spoiler, interior door panels, all mirrors and visors. The car sat in the California desert for 15 years before I bought it, so the interior will need full restoration. The car comes with extras: 2 hoods, 2 rear trunk lids and 2 engine lids.

I have clean Calif title (Non Op) in my name, so it makes for a great restoration project. The car is originally beautiful Nepal Orange, so she would be a stunner if restored.

Inspections are welcomed and encouraged, but please don't waste my time.

Pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/141538449@N06/

Price: $1500
PaulFV8
Any bondo areas that you having cleaned off yet? Are you willing to pack it up for shipment? I paid $3k for a roller here in Virginia and it's much worse than yours. I'm looking at options to start over with a different tub dry.gif
DennisO
Hi Paul,
I have not stripped all the paint, but most of it. I did find a some bondo in the front latch panel where the driver side corner fender was welded in. That is the only place I found bondo. There are some doors dings and small dents as you would expect for a car this old, but overall it looks pretty good.

I think packaging it up for shipment would be real expensive, since it comes with 2 hoods, trunck lids and engine deck lids.

-Dennis
DennisO
I've had a few interested parties, but still have this fun project. I'm hoping the buyer will restore the car instead of parting it out.

This would make a perfect Christmas present to yourself! Only 9 days to go!!

The car rolls, but otherwise 100% disassmebled.
ValcoOscar
PM SENT

DennisO
Thanks for all the inquires.
It's going to Oscar, so a very good home.

Happy Holidays!!

***SOLD***
dstudeba
Congrats Oscar, please post some pictures as you build it. This was too much for me to chew but I would love to watch someone else do it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.